Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1
numberforty1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Out Of Warranty - ip5

can anyone tell me what the out of warranty cost is for the iPhone 5, in canada?

i am debating whether or not to get applecare+, or take my chances should something bad happen. (drop , and or water damage)

i have called an apple store to ask and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone they said they'd have to see the phone. but this is all hypothetical so i don't have a damaged phone...to show.

:/

Thanks in advance.
__________________
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo iTouch 2nd gen 32GB iPad 2 16GB Black iPhone 5 16GB white
numberforty1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:45 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
It's $229+tax to replace. If you are shipping to Apple to replace and not carrying-in, it's another $10.77. Source Click Warranty & Service Pricing on the left and then "My phone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"
JediMeister is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:19 AM   #3
numberforty1
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMeister View Post
It's $229+tax to replace. If you are shipping to Apple to replace and not carrying-in, it's another $10.77. Source Click Warranty & Service Pricing on the left and then "My phone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"
Awesome. Thank you for the info.
__________________
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo iTouch 2nd gen 32GB iPad 2 16GB Black iPhone 5 16GB white
numberforty1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:07 AM   #4
LoloBond
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
can anyone tell me what the out of warranty cost is for the iPhone 5, in canada?

i am debating whether or not to get applecare+, or take my chances should something bad happen. (drop , and or water damage)

i have called an apple store to ask and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone they said they'd have to see the phone. but this is all hypothetical so i don't have a damaged phone...to show.

:/

Thanks in advance.
I have NEVER dropped a my phone since I started using smartphones until Thursday when my white iP5 took a dive into the toilet. I was very lucky that I got apple care+ 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend getting it.
LoloBond is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:34 PM   #5
numberforty1
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoloBond View Post
I have NEVER dropped a my phone since I started using smartphones until Thursday when my white iP5 took a dive into the toilet. I was very lucky that I got apple care+ 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend getting it.
Glad you have applecare+

I actually have applecare+ on my phone, but I have bought my parents an ip5 for christmas. I was debating over adding applecare+ to that one too.
But theyre super careful and wouldnt have a prob forking out $229 should something happen.

TY for your experiences and feedback!
__________________
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo iTouch 2nd gen 32GB iPad 2 16GB Black iPhone 5 16GB white
numberforty1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:08 PM   #6
bimmerboii
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
+1 for AppleCare.

I wouldnt bother getting AppleCare for my iPad, but the iPhone is something I have 24/7 with me. If something were to happen to it I couldnt afford the downtime. Also with AppleCare I am not afraid to use my phone naked, which just shows its beauty than having a case

Also, I plan to keep the phone for the next 2 years (until iPhone 6 comes out, i wouldnt bother with the 5s). It is good to have peace of mind for the duration of my ownership
bimmerboii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trading IP5 for IP5, att to verizon burritolove iPhone 2 Oct 17, 2013 03:02 PM
Anybody able to get different color IP5 for warranty exchange? Oridus iPhone 3 Jul 11, 2013 12:08 AM
Went from IP5, to lumia 920, to Note 2, and back to IP5 Cdaddy112 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 50 Jan 21, 2013 03:27 PM
Switch from black iP5 to white iP5 - Question jmanley1 iPhone 19 Nov 17, 2012 05:03 PM
Change of Purchase iP5 & Carrier Strategy: AT&T Nano SIM on an UNLOCK Verizon iP5 apierrec iPhone 2 Sep 23, 2012 12:09 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC