Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Out Of Warranty - ip5

can anyone tell me what the out of warranty cost is for the iPhone 5, in canada?

i am debating whether or not to get applecare+, or take my chances should something bad happen. (drop , and or water damage)

i have called an apple store to ask and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone they said they'd have to see the phone. but this is all hypothetical so i don't have a damaged phone...to show.

:/

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:45 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

It's $229+tax to replace. If you are shipping to Apple to replace and not carrying-in, it's another $10.77. Source Click Warranty & Service Pricing on the left and then "My phone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"
JediMeister is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:19 AM   #3
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMeister View Post
It's $229+tax to replace. If you are shipping to Apple to replace and not carrying-in, it's another $10.77. Source Click Warranty & Service Pricing on the left and then "My phone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"
Awesome. Thank you for the info.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:07 AM   #4
LoloBond
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
can anyone tell me what the out of warranty cost is for the iPhone 5, in canada?

i am debating whether or not to get applecare+, or take my chances should something bad happen. (drop , and or water damage)

i have called an apple store to ask and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone they said they'd have to see the phone. but this is all hypothetical so i don't have a damaged phone...to show.

:/

Thanks in advance.
I have NEVER dropped a my phone since I started using smartphones until Thursday when my white iP5 took a dive into the toilet. I was very lucky that I got apple care+ 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend getting it.
LoloBond is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:34 PM   #5
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoloBond View Post
I have NEVER dropped a my phone since I started using smartphones until Thursday when my white iP5 took a dive into the toilet. I was very lucky that I got apple care+ 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend getting it.
Glad you have applecare+

I actually have applecare+ on my phone, but I have bought my parents an ip5 for christmas. I was debating over adding applecare+ to that one too.
But theyre super careful and wouldnt have a prob forking out $229 should something happen.

TY for your experiences and feedback!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:08 PM   #6
bimmerboii
macrumors member

+1 for AppleCare.

I wouldnt bother getting AppleCare for my iPad, but the iPhone is something I have 24/7 with me. If something were to happen to it I couldnt afford the downtime. Also with AppleCare I am not afraid to use my phone naked, which just shows its beauty than having a case

Also, I plan to keep the phone for the next 2 years (until iPhone 6 comes out, i wouldnt bother with the 5s). It is good to have peace of mind for the duration of my ownership
bimmerboii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone