Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:34 AM   #51
Max(IT)
macrumors 601

The old 12 months schedule was perfect ...

Let's the "I want some more" syndrome to the Android people.
Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32Gb
Max(IT) is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:45 PM   #52
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNixon View Post
Evidence? There is absolutely no evidence to support that the back of that case is an iPhone 5S. Literally, nothing.

There's no source. There's no definitive proof. There is no one endorsing it. What is this proof you're seeing, and literally no one else is seeing. I might have to adjust my monitor maybe, because there is no proof to support the claim that MacRumors posted.
Just google it it's all over the Internet

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max(IT) View Post
The old 12 months schedule was perfect ...

Let's the "I want some more" syndrome to the Android people.

Right. And the android people have that because their devices are always lacking something everyone wants. iPhones are generally always solid to begin with.

As cook said, they create something you didn't know you'd want. But now realize you can't live without it.
Myiphone7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:51 PM   #53
Zwhaler
macrumors Demi-God

I prefer updates that bring functionality worth waiting for, which seems to be on the 12 month cycle.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:49 PM   #54
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Well the Android folks do update like every 3 months(?). After a while you don't care anymore. So yeah, 1 yr is good, but am even down with it 18 mos.
Mrbobb is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:20 PM   #55
EthanNixon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myiphone7 View Post
Just google it it's all over the Internet

----------

Right. And the android people have that because their devices are always lacking something everyone wants. iPhones are generally always solid to begin with.

As cook said, they create something you didn't know you'd want. But now realize you can't live without it.
I'm sorry, my iPhone 5 is too outdated to Google. Could you provide me proof or evidence of an iPhone 5S prototype from a credible source that has been confirmed?

I can't do that on my iPhone 5, only the iPhone 5S which will be coming out in around 8-10 months.

Edit:
I know you're trolling now. Most (75%+) Android phones have something iPhone 5's do not have. NFC, higher resolution, bigger screen, expandable memory, non-proprietary USB, etc. the list goes on.
EthanNixon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:03 PM   #56
Brandon0448
macrumors regular

Who cares? Use you iPhone until it no longer suits your needs.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:38 PM   #57
onthecouchagain
Banned

I think the more relevant thing I'd like to see Apple do is release more size options. They do it with every other line.
onthecouchagain is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:37 AM   #58
Zetaprime
macrumors 6502a

Once a year is sufficient. And they need to cut out the "S" crap and at least do a proper new phone each year with the latest advances..and no holding back on features. If the technology exists then the consumer is entitled to have it, especially when paying the premium price for an Apple product.
Zetaprime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:45 AM   #59
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

everyone just take a step back. A rumored photo of the iPhone 5S is posted on macRUMORS. Not to mention the phone was just announced not even 3 months ago. Apple's sales would fall so fast if they released an iPhone 5S before September/October when people have their upgrades. Not to mention that the 5 can't get any faster. It's already damn near instantaneous.
tymaster50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:02 AM   #60
Ayemerica
macrumors 6502a

My wallet likes the 12 month but the tech guy in me loves the 6 to 9 month cycle
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:40 AM   #61
Max(IT)
macrumors 601

Quote:

Edit:
I know you're trolling now. Most (75%+) Android phones have something iPhone 5's do not have. NFC, higher resolution, bigger screen, expandable memory, non-proprietary USB, etc. the list goes on.
75% of Android phones have NF, higher res, and something more than iPhone 5 ???

Now you are the one who's trolling ....
Most of the Android phones are just bloated "iPhone wannabe", and even the high end models like Galaxy S III doesn't have the iPhone construction quality ... (Just to be clear, my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S Plus and my son a Galaxy III).
Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32Gb
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:16 AM   #62
syd430

OP is just trying to figure out his strategy for the 5S. You guys don't need to be so hostile.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:28 AM   #63
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
OP is just trying to figure out his strategy for the 5S. You guys don't need to be so hostile.
He already made a topic about this a few months ago. Right after he supposedly got his iPhone 5, he's known for making topics that obviously don't have a whole lot of logic surrounding them.
Examples: "Genius Guy gave me a mean look" , "How can I tell if my phone is bent"
tymaster50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:37 AM   #64
syd430

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
he's known for making topics that obviously don't have a whole lot of logic surrounding them.
I know. It was reference to this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1488439

1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:12 PM   #65
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

12 months because AT&T lets me upgrade once a year. 6-9 months can't be done.

I'm already pissed off at Apple for my bastardized 3rd gen riPad
AutoUnion39 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:16 PM   #66
EthanNixon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
75% of Android phones have NF, higher res, and something more than iPhone 5 ???

Now you are the one who's trolling ....
Most of the Android phones are just bloated "iPhone wannabe", and even the high end models like Galaxy S III doesn't have the iPhone construction quality ... (Just to be clear, my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S Plus and my son a Galaxy III).
Yea, they do. Pick any current Android phone, and it will have more features and higher specs than any iPhone. It's been this way since the iPhone 3G.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:37 PM   #67
ravenvii
macrumors 604

What's wrong with 6 months? I'll still upgrade every 2 years, except with a 6-month cycle, I'll be getting an iPhone that's 4 iterations better than mine, instead of 2!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:02 PM   #68
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry, my iPhone 5 is too outdated to Google. Could you provide me proof or evidence of an iPhone 5S prototype from a credible source that has been confirmed?

I can't do that on my iPhone 5, only the iPhone 5S which will be coming out in around 8-10 months.

Edit:
No not trolling. Can you search the web?
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:10 PM   #69
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

you know what i dont care how many iphones they put out a year, they can do one every month if they wanted too. What i want them to do is double down on security like cook said they were going to do.

It sucks when you go to watch the iPhone Keynote and you realize that you know everything about the phone already and wasted your time watching. i would prefer everything kept under wraps until the keynote plus it prevents all the complaining. like this summer when everyone was complaining about the "taller iPhone"(even though android has had the 16:9 aspect ratio for awhile now) and now every loves it.

i used to love the apple keynotes now there is no reason to watch anymore.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:50 PM   #70
EthanNixon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myiphone7 View Post
No not trolling. Can you search the web?
I can now, since I'm on a PC and not my iPhone 5. Since buying my iPhone 5, I've been too worried about the single, solitaire, iPhone 5S picture that has been running rampant over the Internet. It seems that they may be coming out with a new iPhone within the next 8-12 months, it seems too true to be real. I don't know why I just didn't go with a phone that never gets updated, like a Blackberry, as opposed to one that has a track record since 2007 for being updated at least once a year, and then one time within like 10 months. It's utterly shocking.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...ble-pics-leak/
http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...nternal-design

Top two Bing results, show zero definitive proof that that is an iPhone 5S. There will be no definitive proof until Apple announces and released the iPhone 5S, which will be around 8-12 months away.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:23 PM   #71
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a

I don't care. I'm gonna use my iPhone 4 till it breaks.
inselstudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:18 PM   #72
Duckit
macrumors regular

I would prefer something around the 12 month schedule. I wouldn't mind anything around 10-12 months.
Duckit is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:42 PM   #73
ercsliberty
macrumors 6502

12 monthes is better, spend less money this way
ercsliberty is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:51 AM   #74
Max(IT)
macrumors 601

Quote:
Yea, they do. Pick any current Android phone, and it will have more features and higher specs than any iPhone. It's been this way since the iPhone 3G.
You are dreaming ...

90% of Android phones are just cheap plastic crapware ... powered by a barely decent os with a nice UI (in the last versions).
Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32Gb
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:52 AM   #75
EthanNixon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
You are dreaming ...

90% of Android phones are just cheap plastic crapware ... powered by a barely decent os with a nice UI (in the last versions).
Uh.. None of what you said has anything to do with what I said.. Current Android phones have higher specifications and more features than the current iPhone. That is a fact, you can't argue that. That is just like me saying that current Windows laptops have higher specifications and more features, which is also a fact. I can also say that Windows desktops have higher specifications and more features, which is also a fact.

Apple has NEVER been a company about specifications or competing features. They give you what they THINK you need, and nothing more. They intentionally leave out features that most competing devices have, only to include it in their next device.

I'm not the one dreaming.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone