Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Got my 5 a week after launch in Canada (had to time it with the stores delivery timing)

LOVE the phone, this is coming back from a SIII. I have the full apple ecosystem at home, so an iphone is the perfect fit. Plus iOS is great, as stale as it is, I prefer having no bugs and problems like I did with android

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
Was at Costco not long ago and saw someone with a huge brick up to his face and the first thing I thought of was "what the f..."

Haven't ever played with one before so I won't say anything else about it other than how ridiculous people look with them up to their face.

Its true it does look strange when holding up to your face but that pales into insignificance when you compare the features. I also love the fact that I can customise it to my hearts content without all those restrictions that Apple puts on its products. Not all customisations or applications affect the overall performance of the phone and I paid full price for it so why can't I do what I want with it.

I thought that this was a very interesting video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh2NSLgaII

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
New iPhone 5S

I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5S anyway.. I ordered the 4S (64 gb white) on launch day and AT&T won't allow me a subsidized upgrade until May.. so, I'll just wait a couple of months and get the 5S

Monkeydude

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Hamburg, Germany
In two years you'll still be able to sell your iPhone 5 for $250, while you'll be lucky to get $100 out of the S3. That's a huge plus for Apple in my opinion, upgrades become very affordable.

Not surprising - as the S3 costs half of the 64 GB iPhone 5. In other words today you pay 900€ for the iPhone 5 and 500 for the S3 - so you lose 400 on the S3 and 650 on the iP5 according your equation.
(64 BG mini SD 48€ on Amazon - so ist 200 bucks difference if you compare the then 80GB S3 with the 64GB iP5)

----------

Was at Costco not long ago and saw someone with a huge brick up to his face and the first thing I thought of was "what the f..."

Haven't ever played with one before so I won't say anything else about it other than how ridiculous people look with them up to their face.

(Talking about the Note 2)
1st: people with self confidence don't care what others think.
2nd: it is a smartphone - meaning it's made for surfing, ebooks etc. and for that it is just great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.