Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
The Chinese don't queue very nicely, so this lottery pre-order system is a very good way for Apple to control the crowds.

I don't believe it was rigged - two of my staff in China were able to get units - but the scalpers were buying units from those who purchased them legally for a tidy, immediate profit.

The Italians queue much worse...

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Probably because this is China, a very strict communist country with probably more severe criminal penalty laws than your average western nation.

Do you usually type/talk without thinking? Clearly you have no idea what you're saying.

Couldn't it possibly be because the Apple store is in an upscale mall in one of the biggest cities in China, where the average patron wouldn't blatantly steal goods in broad daylight (or any other time of the day)?

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
Probably the exact same reasons that people don't steal them in other countries.

MR moderators must have their hands full trying to keep out racism in every single China-focused post. It's unbelievable.

----------

What value does your comment add to MR? Is it even related to Apple in the slightest?

Just because they're another race, and someone makes light of it, does not make it a biased racial comment. "Why are there so many caucasians in that store? " - Its an ironic joke. Not a racist one.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Do you usually type/talk without thinking? Clearly you have no idea what you're saying.

Couldn't it possibly be because the Apple store is in an upscale mall in one of the biggest cities in China, where the average patron wouldn't blatantly steal goods in broad daylight (or any other time of the day)?

I said "probably". Meaning, its just a guess on my part. The fact is China is still a strictly government controlled nation. Don't forget Facebook and Google are banned in China.

Do you usually get your panties all tied up in a knot on Internet forums?

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal

Really? Because it sounds like you're trolling.

Most nations have much more rigid punishments than the United States. Only in America can you go to prison and still earn a high school diploma, watch television, browse the internet and play games.

Yes, the scalpers are in a high traffic area and that is probably why they aren't getting robbed. BUT punishment are much worse in other countries. FFS the Chinese beat people with flashlights for being Christian.

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
Image002.jpg o_O

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.