Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:34 PM   #76
iPhonemodder1
macrumors newbie

Angry

well i dont think ill ever get this to work. its all way too small. i cant see to do it
iPhonemodder1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:10 PM   #77
iPhonemodder1
macrumors newbie

nox, i too have tried to pm you. But cant find out how. Sorry for so many posts. But I have tried to make this cable. I have the plug open, the hole in the cover. And a apple usb cord cut off. But i dont have a solde iron that will work. Are you still able to make these? I could mail it all to you. I have a nother apple vga block coming too from ebay. If you could get back to me maybe could send both to you. Thanks i look forward to hearing from you.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:29 AM   #78
iPhonemodder1
macrumors newbie

Well its sad. But i think this post is dead. Im just going with two cableJive dockStubz with charger port on them. Already tested on my iPhone4. Works fine. Vga and charging
Old May 5, 2014, 08:53 AM   #79
JerryCan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxide400 View Post
1st: $70-$58 for parts for a wire is already expensive enough. I my self wouldn't spend $100 on a wire. Its just crazy to me.

2nd: I post my how to work online here and another idevice site so people can have the information for free if they want to do it. I believe productive information should be free.

3rd: I just want to help. People just don't help one another anymore. Everything comes with a price tag. Besides Apple has enough money already.

So, if your still interested, just hit me up.
I would like to marry you but I assume you are also a dude and I'm already married. You sir/madam are all that is right with the inter webs. I actually registered on this forum just to tell you.

My issue is a little different in that I have a sport bike and have "built in" an iPod listening system that is safe and eyes free for the road. I have a griffin navigate (wired remote) on the left handlebars and a 3 foot 30 pin extension going from it to what passes for a "trunk" on a zx6. The Navigate uses a bunch of power and I only use an old iPod nano (3rd gen I think) so the battery is slowly dying. With your excellent walkthrough I plan to add power to that extension cable so the nano stays topped up on my journeys.

Thank you so much! I am surprised however that no one has ever built a male/female 30 pin device that only adds power and is pass through for everything else. You would think that could be made and sold for about 10 bucks or less. Cheaper even if it was just an adaptor with a micro usb on the side and included no cable.

I had an old wireless remote for the bike that was a male/female 30 pin pass through for the remote add on so it could be used them power plugged in at the bottom. Maybe I'll experiment first on it.
JerryCan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories