Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bong7r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Porter Ranch, CA
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting an iPhone 5 at the end of the year or maybe xmas gift to myself. I have an ATT BB work phone and I have primarily been using it as a personal also. Its been over 12 years since I had my own personal cell phone. So I am thinking of getting an unlocked iP5 and trying out StraitTalk first or TMo. If I don't like those two maybe ATT. My question is if I start with ST and get a phone number, can I keep the same phone number if I decide to try TMo or ATT? I don't want to keep changing phone numbers. I also have google voice but have not really used it much. Not sure how the GV app is like on iPhone. Also, do Call Forwarding come with all service? Thanks for everyones help.

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting an iPhone 5 at the end of the year or maybe xmas gift to myself. I have an ATT BB work phone and I have primarily been using it as a personal also. Its been over 12 years since I had my own personal cell phone. So I am thinking of getting an unlocked iP5 and trying out StraitTalk first or TMo. If I don't like those two maybe ATT. My question is if I start with ST and get a phone number, can I keep the same phone number if I decide to try TMo or ATT? I don't want to keep changing phone numbers. I also have google voice but have not really used it much. Not sure how the GV app is like on iPhone. Also, do Call Forwarding come with all service? Thanks for everyones help.

Yes you will be able to port your number to whichever carrier you choose. I haven't used google voice so can't comment on that.

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
my atnt store did not let me port my number over from straightalk because it had to be active. that seemed stupid that i had to buy a month of straight talk ( it expired yesterday and i wanted to switch) which is why i just wanted the same number on atnt. guess i should of ported with one day of service left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.