Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:50 AM   #551
Onimusha370
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by S A View Post
Has anybody in the UK been able to have their delivery dates brought forward and got a freebie too?
I'm ringing them later today to see if I can get anything moved forward. So long as its here for Christmas I'm more than happy though. Estimated arrival is 21st of December to 2nd of jan
Onimusha370 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:51 AM   #552
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF! View Post
Why are people getting free items \? why would apple just give away stuff for no reason ?

what are you saying when calling up ? Where is my free stuff haha
List of free items I got:
USB SuperDrive $80
Trackpad $70
Numerical keypad add on $50

That's $200 in freebies apple gave me
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:36 AM   #553
Mac2133
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum213 View Post
List of free items I got:
USB SuperDrive $80
Trackpad $70
Numerical keypad add on $50

That's $200 in freebies apple gave me
Yes, I got all of that + Apple TV + mini-iPad..
Mac2133 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:53 AM   #554
Remi B
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Has anybody in the UK been able to have their delivery dates brought forward and got a freebie too?
Nope
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:22 AM   #555
CrossoverDoc
macrumors newbie

I'm interested in what you guys are saying to get orders pushed up and how the hell you're getting all this free stuff??

I ordered my BTO 27" iMac on the 30th. Base 27" with 1TB Fusion. Dec 28 - Jan 4 with 2-3 day shipping. I wasn't able to get any free stuff or even get the shipping changed to next day. The girl I talked to said it wasn't even possible to do that.
CrossoverDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:24 AM   #556
Lankyman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
We haven't got a tame Judge to back Apple against the evil Samsung.
Lankyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:34 PM   #557
Airnova
macrumors member

[QUOTE=CrossoverDoc;16454103]I'm interested in what you guys are saying to get orders pushed up and how the hell you're getting all this free stuff??

Hi from Canada, first time here. So excited about the new 27" iMac. BTO on November 30th available to ship 3-4 weeks with delivery Jan 3rd - 8th. Just finished talking to customer support a few minutes ago and asked if there was anything they could do to move up my shipping date. The lady said out of good will, apple will expedite shipping. I thanked her and instantly it reflected the updated shipping schedule on my order

Now it reads: Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 31 Dec - 4 Jan via Expedited Shipping

Thank you Apple & to one and all, have a very Merry Christmas!

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
PAGES PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
Airnova is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:46 PM   #558
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2133 View Post
Yes, I got all of that + Apple TV + mini-iPad..
roll your eyes in jealousy all you want, I talked to the right people and I had some issues with shipping AND it was on my business account (even though it was for my home, they didn't know) so they treated me very nicely

so keep being salty, I already received all the freebies last week

iPad Air 2 | Silver | 64GB
iPhone 6 Plus | Silver | 64GB
2012 iMac 27" | i7 | 3.4Ghz | Fusion | 32GB RAM | 680MX
Aluminum213 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:55 PM   #559
PavelT
macrumors member

omg guys. i called an they gave me a siri enabled ferrari!! the lady was so generous she even threw in a parking meter exempt license plate!! true story.
PavelT is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:57 PM   #560
fossen
macrumors member

Just ordered a 27" yesterday, BTO. Found lots of info searching in the forum which helped make the config decisions for me.

Quote:
2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
So .. I just have "Available to ship: January" on my order status. Just wondering if others in the same boat have seen that date resolve into something more specific yet. I assume at some point, I'll get a delivery window?
fossen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:03 PM   #561
Mister Bumbo
macrumors 6502

This is really weird. As soon as I ordered the money were "reserved" in that account, although it still showed as no money had been charged yet. Then it moved to still reserved but looked as it had been charged - i.e. the amount reserved was also missing (although pending). And now... it's not even reserved anymore and it looks like the day before I ordered. Don't know what to make of all this, anyone else encountered anything similar?
Mister Bumbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:18 PM   #562
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bumbo View Post
This is really weird. As soon as I ordered the money were "reserved" in that account, although it still showed as no money had been charged yet. Then it moved to still reserved but looked as it had been charged - i.e. the amount reserved was also missing (although pending). And now... it's not even reserved anymore and it looks like the day before I ordered. Don't know what to make of all this, anyone else encountered anything similar?
Same thing here.
Razorhog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:23 PM   #563
DarrenUK
macrumors regular

Quote:
Same for me.
DarrenUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:45 PM   #564
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelT View Post
omg guys. i called an they gave me a siri enabled ferrari!! the lady was so generous she even threw in a parking meter exempt license plate!! true story.
HA!

I've got you beat.

Steve Jobs new Yatch, Venus?

Yep.

I called and complained about my new iMac, how I haven't even seen it yet, and how the integrated GPU on the Ivybridge chip won't help the NVidia GPU . . . and well, they put me on hold for thirty seconds . . . when they came back on the line, BOOYA, they gave me Venus!
FreemanW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:09 PM   #565
Mac32
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
This is the normal procedure.
Mac32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:42 PM   #566
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelT View Post
corny, but someone as corny as you wouldn't know how to get freebies from apple

iPad Air 2 | Silver | 64GB
iPhone 6 Plus | Silver | 64GB
2012 iMac 27" | i7 | 3.4Ghz | Fusion | 32GB RAM | 680MX
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:53 PM   #567
bobright
macrumors 601

So for the people with delivery dates of 21-28 they'd probably be preparing for shipment soon right?
bobright is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:55 PM   #568
Notohyr
macrumors member

Quote:
i called and complained about my new imac, how i haven't even seen it yet, and how the integrated gpu on the ivybridge chip won't help the nvidia gpu . . . And well, they put me on hold for thirty seconds . . . When they came back on the line, booya, they gave me venus!
:d Now we're talking!!
Notohyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:57 PM   #569
comatose81
macrumors 6502a

Some seriously whacked people in this thread.

Carry on.
comatose81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:29 PM   #570
CoreyLahey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
So for the people with delivery dates of 21-28 they'd probably be preparing for shipment soon right?
I hope so, would be great to see "Preparing for Shipment" next week already.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanW View Post
HA!

I've got you beat.

Steve Jobs new Yatch, Venus?

Yep.

I called and complained about my new iMac, how I haven't even seen it yet, and how the integrated GPU on the Ivybridge chip won't help the NVidia GPU . . . and well, they put me on hold for thirty seconds . . . when they came back on the line, BOOYA, they gave me Venus!
You forgot to tell the part where they heard you say "Booya" and hung up on you ; )
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:15 PM   #571
S A
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimusha370 View Post
I'm ringing them later today to see if I can get anything moved forward. So long as its here for Christmas I'm more than happy though. Estimated arrival is 21st of December to 2nd of jan
Did you have any luck?
S A is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:29 PM   #572
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
It wouldn't surprise me.

I ordered early on 11/30, and for the next two days, a $1 PENDING/Processing charge from Apple (along with a full charge for AppleCare) appeared in my online charge card page. By Monday or Tuesday, the $1 had dropped off/gone away.

A full amount for my iMac re-appeared (Posted 12/7) and according to the CSR at charge card, it would appear the vendor (Apple) is preparing to charge for purchase; and we all know what that means.
FreemanW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:42 PM   #573
GMCloud27
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanW View Post
It wouldn't surprise me.

I ordered early on 11/30, and for the next two days, a $1 PENDING/Processing charge from Apple (along with a full charge for AppleCare) appeared in my online charge card page. By Monday or Tuesday, the $1 had dropped off/gone away.

A full amount for my iMac re-appeared (Posted 12/7) and according to the CSR at charge card, it would appear the vendor (Apple) is preparing to charge for purchase; and we all know what that means.
Great catch! I just checked my CC as I purchased a few hours after preorders opened and my credit hold for my 27" BTO went from hold to pending post for Monday ! Guess that's a good sign for things to come...
GMCloud27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:00 PM   #574
tonyep
macrumors member

My card just got charged. Hopefully it'll ship soon!
tonyep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:17 PM   #575
Meliman
macrumors newbie

Hi All - first post. I just checked the status of my BTO 27" and it has now changed to "preparing for shipment". When I checked this morning it was still "processing". I ordered 11/30 ~ 1210 am, live in Los Angeles. Fingers crossed that it'll be on it's way soon. Still says "delivers Dec 21-28" which is what it's said all along.
Meliman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac