Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dansix

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2012
I hate it when people say this.

It's pretty simple. You don't like it, dont use it.

I never log into iCloud.com to use email. I use my Mail app and it works perfect.

Keep in mind that iCloud is brand new and still in beta. Give it some time before you can rely on it 100%.

The problem with this response is that it doesn't directly address the issue. The issue is Apple sometimes produces garbage, and being the greatest tech company in the world, we expect it to have the best cloud service too, as well as the best Office Suite. Unfortunately, it doesn't because someone is sleeping behind the wheel. A multibillion dollar corporation that has the potential to completely dominate the market shouldn't release mediocre products. It has all the resources to produce the best, every time. iCloud doesn't even come close...

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Am I seriously the only one who has had basically zero problems with either MobileMe (since 2009) and iCloud other than an authentication glitch for 24 hrs while my account transitioned to iCloud?

Is it because I'm in a time-zone about 12 hours different to the US (maybe it is load related)?

kyussmondo

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
UK
Compared to Google mail and services Icloud is very poor. It's as reliable as something I could run from home with a server over the modem :)

I have used iCloud exclusively since it first came out, and I am a heavy user and I have had no problems. The web client does suck, but I use the native apps and it works really well there.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Even Jobs admitted MobileMe was very poor. Sadly iCloud is only marginally better. If Apple doesn't do something about its poor performance in this arena, they're going to have some serious issues to deal with.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Am I seriously the only one who has had basically zero problems with either MobileMe (since 2009) and iCloud other than an authentication glitch for 24 hrs while my account transitioned to iCloud?

Is it because I'm in a time-zone about 12 hours different to the US (maybe it is load related)?

You'r not alone , I've had no problem with iCloud , everything syncs beautifully between my iDevices !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.