Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:53 PM   #26
dansix
macrumors member

I hate it when people say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
It's pretty simple. You don't like it, dont use it.

I never log into iCloud.com to use email. I use my Mail app and it works perfect.

Keep in mind that iCloud is brand new and still in beta. Give it some time before you can rely on it 100%.
The problem with this response is that it doesn't directly address the issue. The issue is Apple sometimes produces garbage, and being the greatest tech company in the world, we expect it to have the best cloud service too, as well as the best Office Suite. Unfortunately, it doesn't because someone is sleeping behind the wheel. A multibillion dollar corporation that has the potential to completely dominate the market shouldn't release mediocre products. It has all the resources to produce the best, every time. iCloud doesn't even come close...
dansix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:26 PM   #27
throAU
macrumors 68030

Am I seriously the only one who has had basically zero problems with either MobileMe (since 2009) and iCloud other than an authentication glitch for 24 hrs while my account transitioned to iCloud?

Is it because I'm in a time-zone about 12 hours different to the US (maybe it is load related)?
throAU is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:21 PM   #28
princigalli
macrumors 6502

Compared to Google mail and services Icloud is very poor. It's as reliable as something I could run from home with a server over the modem
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:17 PM   #29
kyussmondo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princigalli View Post
Compared to Google mail and services Icloud is very poor. It's as reliable as something I could run from home with a server over the modem
I have used iCloud exclusively since it first came out, and I am a heavy user and I have had no problems. The web client does suck, but I use the native apps and it works really well there.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:02 AM   #30
matrix07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by princigalli View Post
No problem here. Exaggerate much?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:26 AM   #31
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Even Jobs admitted MobileMe was very poor. Sadly iCloud is only marginally better. If Apple doesn't do something about its poor performance in this arena, they're going to have some serious issues to deal with.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:24 AM   #32
Yptcn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by throAU View Post
Am I seriously the only one who has had basically zero problems with either MobileMe (since 2009) and iCloud other than an authentication glitch for 24 hrs while my account transitioned to iCloud?

Is it because I'm in a time-zone about 12 hours different to the US (maybe it is load related)?
You'r not alone , I've had no problem with iCloud , everything syncs beautifully between my iDevices !
Yptcn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services