Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

White front or black... any annoyance with white ?

I'm getting the new IPT5 this weekend as I will be going downtown to the Apple store. I was thinking about getting the red one but I much prefer the black front IPT5.

I know I can buy the black one and put a coloured case on it but I'd rather not.

I was wondering if anyone who got the 'non black' IPT5 (white front) have any regrets ... is the white contour annoying after a while ?

Tks,
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:40 PM   #2
mrskb
macrumors member

My IPT 4g was white, as is my IPT 5g. I don't notice any problem with it being white verses black.
mrskb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Ffosse
macrumors 6502

I prefer the black - the white border just seems pointless to me, as in the photo of my Nano next to the black ipt5 here:

Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffosse View Post
I prefer the black - the white border just seems pointless to me, as in the photo of my Nano next to the black ipt5 here:

That would be because you've selectively chosen an application with a dark background. I prefer the white for the homescreen, menus, web browsing, and some album art. The black is preferable with dark apps, when the device is off, some album art, and videos. It's really a tossup.

I have a white iPod touch 4th gen and would get a black 5th if i was given the option, just for the sake of change. I wish they offered all the colors with the choice of a white or black front. I'd really like the blue with a black front. I guess that would be a logistical nightmare for Apple, though.
myrtlebee is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Ghostbusters
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtlebee View Post
That would be because you've selectively chosen an application with a dark background. I prefer the white for the homescreen, menus, web browsing, and some album art. The black is preferable with dark apps, when the device is off, some album art, and videos. It's really a tossup.

I have a white iPod touch 4th gen and would get a black 5th if i was given the option, just for the sake of change. I wish they offered all the colors with the choice of a white or black front. I'd really like the blue with a black front. I guess that would be a logistical nightmare for Apple, though.
Agree 100%. I had a black iPod Tough 4th Gen, so I got the white 5th for the sake of change too. Change is nice. Makes the device feel that much more different and new.
Ghostbusters is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:42 PM   #6
riptide747
macrumors member

I would LOVE to see the new colors come in black fronts (which is what will probably be the next "revolutionary update" for the iPod Touch since the major upgrades only come in every 2 years) The white fronts do not go well with the black camera and it may just be me, but I can't stand having a little black dot on the which front, which is why I bought the black iPod Touch 5g, even though I would have preferred a different color.
riptide747 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:03 AM   #7
akfgpuppet
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to akfgpuppet
Had a white iPod Touch and it looked very cool, however since it was in my pocket most of the time small amounts of dirt were visible, not really a problem but the black one would look better IMO.
akfgpuppet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:17 AM   #8
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

black will probably be better for the time being because letterbox in some apps will not look so obvious as is on the white.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:09 PM   #9
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

Many thanks for all your replies and advice. It's much appreciated. I haven't been to the Apple store this past weekend as I am going downtown on the 22nd for a day of 'Xmas immersion' with zero shopping to do.... except that black iPod touch 5 ;-) My wife has convinced me that since I was buying this so close to Xmas... I might as well go for it just for Xmas day.

My choice will be the black one after all. As one mentioned, probably next year the 'upgrade' will be colours with either white or black... although I think that would make it harder to figure out how much of each model to stock.

Tks again all !
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch