Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:27 AM   #1
MoodyM
macrumors 6502a

Can't download from App Store, stuck on "Waiting"

I can't seem to download anything from the App Store on my 5.0.1 iPad 2. Every one I try gets stuck on "Waiting". I've tried leaving it 12 hours+, no luck.

I tried signing in with both mine and my girlfriend's AppleID, same problem. I tried turning Automatic Downloads on and off, both ways, no luck.

If I download from the iTunes Store on my computer, then sync, they go onto the iPad just fine.

I've tried rebooting, hard reset, etc, etc.
MoodyM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2
OlgaJ
macrumors 6502

Some apps will not download unless you have the most recent update of the OS. Try downloading one app at a time to see if you get a pop up message.
OlgaJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:53 AM   #3
dwlms3
macrumors newbie

Same issue

I was unable to take updates or dowmlaod from the App store. The app would appear and get stuck at the "Waiting...". I updated the iOS to the latest and still the issue persists. Have taken the same steps as OlgaJ by rebooting, but that does not work either. Any ideas on if this is fixable or a new issue that Apple will need to fix?
dwlms3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:25 AM   #4
TheAppleSource
macrumors regular

Few questions first:

When one of the attempts gets stuck on "Waiting" are you able to hold down on the icon and then click the cross to remove it?

If you go into the app store and find the stuck install, are you able to click install again?

If you tap on the icon, does it say "Paused"?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5
roll2puff
macrumors newbie

I had the same issue, ever since the phone detected the 5.1 update.
I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 and don't want to update for now.
I solved the problem by resetting all settings, it's a hassle to set everything up again, but it fixed the bug.
roll2puff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:28 PM   #6
toasty hoodie
macrumors 6502

Happened to my grandma's ipad 1. I had to do an iCloud backup and a reset all settings to get it to work. Took about 10 mins
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:18 AM   #7
jloafer
macrumors newbie

I can't download form the App Store on my iPhone 5. It was working great when I got it but then Sunday night it just said waiting and never loaded. I talked with apple support and they had me do everything possible other than restoring the phone. Any suggestions?
jloafer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:33 AM   #8
MaGeLaNi
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb Apps waiting / apps warten

Hi,

I had the same after upgrading to my new iPhone5. All apps were on status waiting after restore a backup to the new phone.

You simply have to synchronize with your iTunes and you'll now receive the data as with the restore it only seems to restore metadata information such as the name of the app, musictrack etc.
MaGeLaNi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:53 AM   #9
alcinoandre
macrumors newbie

Here is the solution for that:

"The solution or fix seems to be to remove a file “downloads.28.sqlitedb” from a folder on the device. There is an app called iExplorer (formally iPhone Explorer) that allows you to see your devices folder structure without having to Jailbreak the device.

Locate the folder “Media”, open it and locate the folder “Downloads” and open it. Inside the folder “Downloads” you will see several folders with what appears to be random numbers (I had well over 50) as well as a file called “downloads.28.sqlitedb”.

(If you Jailbroke your device you can use iFile to delete that file.)

All you have to do is delete “downloads.28.sqlitedb” file and then restart the device."

It worked for me and that messages "waiting" below the grey icons disappeared.
alcinoandre is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:13 PM   #10
lighterrr
macrumors newbie

This worked for me, initially I cant download my app using wifi (only works on 3g), thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcinoandre View Post

"The solution or fix seems to be to remove a file “downloads.28.sqlitedb” from a folder on the device. There is an app called iExplorer (formally iPhone Explorer) that allows you to see your devices folder structure without having to Jailbreak the device.

Locate the folder “Media”, open it and locate the folder “Downloads” and open it. Inside the folder “Downloads” you will see several folders with what appears to be random numbers (I had well over 50) as well as a file called “downloads.28.sqlitedb”.

All you have to do is delete “downloads.28.sqlitedb” file and then restart the device."

lighterrr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:23 AM   #11
UltraX7
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcinoandre View Post

Only a few minutes ago I finally figured this out with the aid of another article I managed to dig up. But I still face a problem I cannot find a solution for ANYWHERE and am hoping to find one here; even after ridding my device of those damn frozen waiting bars, I can't update any of my apps without it resulting in the app becoming stuck again. I can purchase and download new apps without any problems, but just not update any of them.
UltraX7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:28 AM   #12
sumanrox
macrumors newbie

About my opinion it is your network problem. You need to fix your network problem now.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 06:53 AM   #13
Dleragha
macrumors newbie

Same issue

Hi bro
I have same issue, nothing remains to solve this issue I have not do, as well as deleting the file mentioned above.
Dleragha is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier