Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Narendar Singh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
INDIA
I had a iPhone project. Now it is completed and published on App Store.

Because it is iPhone App it is running on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with iPhone look.

Now I need to make this project for iPad with iPad specific screens (for say using split view). For that I changed it from iPhone to Universal.

I have created split view and few XIBs for iPad which is running fine but my application is in intermediate position for iPad.

Problem: Now I want to update App Store build (which is iPhone specific), but the current build in which I am working right now is Universal in which iPad changes are not completed.

If I create a build and publish in app store and when user download the build in iPad (because it is Universal) my uncompleted screen will be shown.

How to handle this situation.

If things are not clear I can give more details for the same.

Summary: I have a universal build with uncompleted functionality of iPad but I want to update this build on App Store because I made some changes on that.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
This issue could be better handled if you are using 'software configuration management' (git, subversion, etc.) Are you?

If not, as I see it, Apple is almost certain to reject an incomplete app so you have two choices: 1) finish the incomplete part and the submit your build, 2) remove the incomplete part and submit as iPhone-only build, then after re-add the new iPad stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.