Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:19 AM   #1
vish26
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Dilemma between buying iPad-4 or wait for iPad-5 ?

Hi Guys,

I am in a Dilemma and I am looking a way out of this. Maybe someone here will be able to show me a way out of this Ok so I bought my New iPad (3rd Generation) on Oct-19th and 4 days later Apple announced the 4th Generation iPad with 720P Facetime Camera and Faster Processor and a Lightning Connector. While I was making plans to buy the iPad-3 I was aware about the rumours then of the iPad-3 is gonna undergo a change but to the best of knowledge then, I was under the impression that Apple was only gonna change the Lightning Connector so I completely missed out on Reliable and Proper Rumors/Information then. I failed there though I am a regular visitor here. (Had I known it that iPad-4 will have a 720P Front Camera) I would have held back my plans of buying the iPad-3 and wait for iPad-4 to arrive in my Country.

So to my utter shock and dismay Apple out of the Pandora’s Box came out with a 720P Camera which was the only and biggest thing bothering me, as Keeping up pace with the latest processor is a never ending, Blind Race which can never end, meaning every year Tech companies will come out with Better and Faster Processor so how much can you keep pace with ? is the question ? It is tiring and expensive unless every year you keep upgrading your device and I am not one of them. So I imagine myself missing the 720p Camera more in the iPad-4 then the faster Processor.

Now before you guys suggest me that Apple was running a program where in anyone who had bought the iPad-3 in the last 30 days of the iPad-4 being announced was automatically eligible for a free upgrade to iPad-4 unfortunately I am not in the United States and there is no Apple in my country, I mean Apple does not operate here directly It is all sold through a Reseller and none of them were running that kind of Program. So I have to sell now my iPad-3 at a quite a bit of loss (And I imagine sometimes, all this what just for a Lightning Connector and a Facetime Camera which is just marginally better then my iPad-3 c’mon it is not even a Full HD Camera it is not even 1080P) that would have been the real deal isn’t it guys ?

Now here is my Question. I am in a Dilemma with rumours around iPad-5 being a sleeker and thinner Body than iPad-3/4. Will the iPad-5 also have a 1080P Front Camera ? A thought that touches my mind is should I wait for iPad-5 to be released and then upgrade my iPad-3 or should I upgrade to iPad-4 now, Mind you guys it would be easily a loss of $900 in getting my iPad-3 sold and investing more money to buy iPad-4. I mean Net-Net it is an investment of $900 ($400 Loss in selling iPad-3 and $400 investing more to buy the iPad-4) additional money for me. So is it worth the investment of $800-$900 when I am not sure how much will I use the 720P Front Camera as I hardly see myself making any facetime or skype video calls. But having said that I see myself using it once in a while what maybe once in 3 months or so...So I would love to have the 720P Front Camera rather then have a faster processor which I don’t know how will it help me.

But also I feel iPad-5 may have a 1080P Front Facing Camera and that would make it a full HD Front camera which would be the real cracker of a deal if a Full HD camera is what I am looking out for. What do you guys think will the iPad-5 have a 1080P Front Camera ? if iPad-5 is likely gonna have it I might aswell wait for it and then upgrade it.

What do you guys suggest ? what should I do ?

is the benefit in upgrading to iPad-5 far more rather than in upgrading to iPad-4 now ? if you already have an iPad-3 right now ?

Thanks in Advance !

Last edited by vish26; Dec 12, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
vish26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

 
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Should I buy a 128GB iPad 4 at $549 or wait for 64GB iPad Air at $699 RDAR iPad 19 Nov 24, 2013 01:32 PM
All iPads: Do I buy an iPad Air, or wait until next year for either an iPad Pro, or 2Gb of RAM? MartinAppleGuy iPad 74 Oct 31, 2013 12:12 PM
All iPads: Upgrade from 3rd iPad to iPad Air, new iPad mini or wait for next iPads? Sven11 iPad 32 Oct 23, 2013 02:55 PM
Wait shouldn't the $399 iPad 2 be replaced with the iPad 3? AR999 iPad 17 Oct 24, 2012 04:20 PM
Should I purchase a third gen Ipad, or wait for a possible announcement of a new Ipad Virro iPad 12 Sep 10, 2012 12:44 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC