Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantola

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Århus, Denmark
Denmark...

My dad was too late to order my BTO 27"... Ships 3-7 January. Tried to call him whole day while he was on his job, he did not take the phone. Just before trying to order, the dates changed to "Ships in 3-4 weeks!" We ordered it 19:00 PM Mid European Time.

Does anybody think i will get it before christmas? Since those in the 24-31 dec camp will be getting it the 13. December.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
My dad was too late to order my BTO 27"... Ships 3-7 January. Tried to call him whole day while he was on his job, he did not take the phone. Just before trying to order, the dates changed to "Ships in 3-4 weeks!" We ordered it 19:00 PM Mid European Time.

Does anybody think i will get it before christmas? Since those in the 24-31 dec camp will be getting it the 13. December.

Good question. I'm wondering the same thing. I ordered on December 1st, and have a delivery estimate of Dec 31 - Jan 7 with expedited shipping. Since it seems people who were in the Dec 24 - Dec 31 window had theirs ship 2-3 weeks before their delivery window, I'm thinking (hoping) it will be the same case for our orders.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
How the hell is this possible, good for you though!!!

Im pretty sure that all systems that are shipped will be in your profile. Every system has a care plan applecare just extends it of which for those of us who purchased it will most likely have to register that so that it provides for the extra two years.

Just my guess.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I'm in the same group of shipments as well. Assuming that 10:50PM departure scan time was delayed from when it left, they might actually be on this flight.

Hopefully, the departure flight it is going to Anchorage, AK (customs check point where it will be rescanned), and not some other airport terminal in China to be transferred to the US flight later.

TeeZee1000

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
I'm in the same group of shipments as well. Assuming that 10:50PM departure scan time was delayed from when it left, they might actually be on this flight.

Ok wow, now you are tracking the flights now... thats kinda stalkerish... Just be patient

----------

Not sure but it shows serial number and everything.

It does that to track your warranty (1yr) as well as applecare.

jhstew1

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
West Palm Beach
ordered on 11/30:

27-inch iMac
2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 21 - Dec 28 via 2-3 Business Days

Really hope it arrives for X-Mas
pray.gif

----------

Ok wow, now you are tracking the flights now... thats kinda stalkerish... Just be patient

----------

actually that's normal...i remember when the Ipad2 started shipping people here were tracking flights at flight aware to see exact take off & arrival times from China -> Alaska -> etc.

kcramer

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
For those whose iMacs shipped, did you pay for the expedited shipping? I paid for it and it has not shipped... I apparently need to call and ask them to refund that money.

Tom J

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Midwest
Shipped

Ordered within the first five minutes of the store being open.
3.4GHz i7
8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
GTX 680MX

Estimated delivery 12/13 by 10:30 via FedEx
US Midwest

Last edited:

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
For those whose iMacs shipped, did you pay for the expedited shipping? I paid for it and it has not shipped... I apparently need to call and ask them to refund that money.

Expidited Shipping does not mean Expidited Building. But you let me know how that goes since I wouldn't mind a shipping refund, either.

Tom J

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Midwest

That wouldn't make a difference. Expedited shipping only applies once the factory hands it off to the shipper.

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
Expidited Shipping does not mean Expidited Building. But you let me know how that goes since I wouldn't mind a shipping refund, either.

That's right.

This thread is extremely entertaining, all these posts from people (myself included) that have no clue about the chaotic Ethel & Lucy logistical diner plates spinning on the end of sticks process.

Phew, I'll just be happy when mine lands on my desk. :D

kcramer

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
My point is that people who clearly ordered their iMacs after me have had them shipped, even if the same configuration. In addition, many people have said they received Expedited Shipping for free.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Shipped & arriving on Dec 18th via UPS. Did not expedite. Order placed on Nov 30th at 00:08 Pacific Time.

Since I work 7 days on / 7 days off, I'm glad it is getting here on the 18th. My 7 off starts on the 19th and I will have lots of time with her.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
That's right.

This thread is extremely entertaining, all these posts from people (myself included) that have no clue about the chaotic Ethel & Lucy logistical diner plates spinning on the end of sticks process.

Phew, I'll just be happy when mine lands on my desk. :D

No doubt. Even for products like the iMac, which has way less orders than iDevices, the logistics involved must be mind-blowing. I'm eagerly awaiting the shipment email just like everyone else.

califlorida

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012

Fedex is how mine is coming. Shipping expedited, and fees refunded last week.

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
Ok I just couldn't wait anymore so I put in a call to Tim Cook he is getting in his Prius and driving it to me as I type this only stoping for gas,bathroom breaks and food, Now hows that for expedited shipping?:D

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
For those of you who had your system ship, had your status changed in the past few hours or what it earlier today?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.