Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you miss 'Album View' in iTunes 11?

• Yes, I really miss 'Album View' and will stay on iTunes 10.7 until it's back.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, I really miss 'Album View' but it has not stopped me from upgrading to iTunes 11.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't use 'Album View" much, but can see the value of it for others.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't miss 'Album View'.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Doc69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I was very disappointed to see that Apple have removed the excellent "Album List" view from iTunes 11. It was clearly the best way to easily find your newest music when you have a huge library and add a lot of new music regularly. I have my library lists sorted by "Date Added", so that I can easily find the newest CDs at the top of the list. Having the album cover showing to the left made it very easy to scroll down and find the desired album.

In iTunes 11's "Songs" view, I now have to READ the titles which is slower and less elegant. A HUGE step backwards.

The "Album List" was one of the best features added to iTunes in the last few years. I also miss the album artwork at the bottom of the Sidebar.

If there is a technical reason why they removed the "Album View", then a possible different solution would be to let the user sort the "Albums" view by "Date Added". Then I could use this view instead to see my newest albums at the top.

P.S. Even though Cover Flow was nice, I didn't use it much. So I don't care much that you removed it. But the "Album List" is a completely different story.

OGmaC

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
I was very disappointed to see that Apple have removed the excellent "Album List" view from iTunes 11. It was clearly the best way to easily find your newest music when you have a huge library and add a lot of new music regularly. I have my library lists sorted by "Date Added", so that I can easily find the newest CDs at the top of the list. Having the album cover showing to the left made it very easy to scroll down and find the desired album.

In iTunes 11's "Songs" view, I now have to READ the titles which is slower and less elegant. A HUGE step backwards.

The "Album List" was one of the best features added to iTunes in the last few years. I also miss the album artwork at the bottom of the Sidebar.

If there is a technical reason why they removed the "Album View", then a possible different solution would be to let the user sort the "Albums" view by "Date Added". Then I could use this view instead to see my newest albums at the top.

P.S. Even though Cover Flow was nice, I didn't use it much. So I don't care much that you removed it. But the "Album List" is a completely different story.

+1. thank you for posting.

please keep the comments on this POS iTunes11 BETA as official release coming int.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.