Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Jesselauren03
macrumors newbie

Smile Glitches with Apple TV Remote and iTunes

When I am using my apple tv, the remote will randomly adjust things on my macbook pro.

First, when hitting the scroll buttons through the various menus items the volume on my macbook pro will adjust itself. Second, it will start playing miscellaneous songs on my iTunes when I hit the enter button to select something (whether it be a show to watch or other menu item) This will happen even when no music is previously playing.

As a result every time I hit the center ("enter") button to watch a tv show on Netflix a song on my lap top will start playing and I have to go hit the pause button.

Any idea how to fix this from happening?

Thanks!
Jesselauren03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:20 PM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesselauren03 View Post
When I am using my apple tv, the remote will randomly adjust things on my macbook pro.

First, when hitting the scroll buttons through the various menus items the volume on my macbook pro will adjust itself. Second, it will start playing miscellaneous songs on my iTunes when I hit the enter button to select something (whether it be a show to watch or other menu item) This will happen even when no music is previously playing.

As a result every time I hit the center ("enter") button to watch a tv show on Netflix a song on my lap top will start playing and I have to go hit the pause button.

Any idea how to fix this from happening?

Thanks!
go to Macbook Pro, System Preferences>Security & Privacy>firewall>( make sure you click the Lock key to unlock and change settings)>Advance...>(check) on "Disable Remote Control Infrared Receiver". this will disable the macbook from taking commands from remote control. happened when i first had my apple tv
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Jesselauren03
macrumors newbie

Brilliant!! Thank-you!
Jesselauren03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater