Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:48 PM   #951
Jay9495
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edry.hilario View Post
Australians its not only you guys who are waiting I'm in the us too I ordered mine the second it went online same configuration as some of the ones that already been shipped, however mine it's still processing it's not that the US is getting priority it seems because a lot of us are still processing
"Some of the US" *
Jay9495 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:49 PM   #952
crows
macrumors member

I'm curious if anyone who ordered on Dec 3 has seen any updates to their status as you can imagine I was furious with my bank for not processing a payment I made to free balance in one of my cards to purchase the iMac it took until Monday Dec 3 for the balance to be available and I ordered at about 9 am EST of course i'm not getting it before XMAS but just maybe before 2013 the web site had the 3-4 weeks on the time while I was ordering.. and actually i didn't notice it change to January until 2 days later when exactly did that change to Jan anyway? mine is a i7,1tb fusion and the gtx680mx
crows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:02 PM   #953
APLRULZ
macrumors member

My delivery date on tracking just changed to the 17th by the end of the day. Im hoping that once it gets into country that it changes even earlier, lol. This is the third change already so who knows.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:03 PM   #954
bobright
macrumors 68040

So there aren't any new "Prepared for shipment" people as of today?

Bummer
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:07 PM   #955
jetjaguar
macrumors 68000

nope not yet
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:10 PM   #956
NVRENUF!
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to NVRENUF!
Quote:
Originally Posted by torana355 View Post
Not to fear, at least someone will have already pulled it apart so i can install my Samsung 512GB 830 SSD as soon as it arrives
haha yeah same here We have our SSD and VHB ready to go .

we have two coming , so will be fun.
NVRENUF! is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:19 PM   #957
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLRULZ View Post
For you that stated UPS Worldwide Expedited was a slogan for UPS, it is a shipping option. Non of these systems coming from China are standard shipments. Standard shipping is a ground shipping service available for only the 48 continental united states, canada, and mexico. 4-5 business days is the UPS Worldwide Expedited service and "standard" as far as what apple tells us on the website when we order and is free. This is why when people talk to a CSO from Apple they state that all the shipments are expedited. In a sense they are, because that is the shipping product they chose. It is still a 4-5 business day shipment regardless. Peace.
That letter R with a circle around it after UPS Worldwide Expedted means that it is a registered slogan mark. It is like a trademark, but for a slogan. Yes, standard shipping is only for contiguous North America. My point, is that from China, it is the standard 5 day service. There is also:

UPS Worldwide Saver - 2 days from Asia
UPS Worldwide Express - 2-3 days from Asia

Coming from China, UPS Worldwide Expedited is the slowest (cheapest) and standard shipping option. The word expedited means nothing, it is just what they called the shipping option. They probably registered it so companies like Apple could tell their customers that a customer's order had expedited shipping. Typical marketing BS.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLRULZ View Post
My delivery date on tracking just changed to the 17th by the end of the day. Im hoping that once it gets into country that it changes even earlier, lol. This is the third change already so who knows.
Mine also just got moved up to the Monday the 17th. Now I'll have to stay up and wait for it instead of sleeping.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:24 PM   #958
torana355
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF! View Post
haha yeah same here We have our SSD and VHB ready to go .

we have two coming , so will be fun.
Haha nice. Which VHB did you get, im going to wait till we get more info on what VHB was used by Apple as i have Applecare and need to be able to return to stock if needed.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 PM   #959
gwsmith
macrumors member

Mine is still in processing, no change whatever. I ordered at 4 AM Pacific on the 30th.
gwsmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:31 PM   #960
bobright
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
That letter R with a circle around it after UPS Worldwide Expedted means that it is a registered slogan mark. It is like a trademark, but for a slogan. Yes, standard shipping is only for contiguous North America. My point, is that from China, it is the standard 5 day service. There is also:

UPS Worldwide Saver - 2 days from Asia
UPS Worldwide Express - 2-3 days from Asia

Coming from China, UPS Worldwide Expedited is the slowest (cheapest) and standard shipping option. The word expedited means nothing, it is just what they called the shipping option. They probably registered it so companies like Apple could tell their customers that a customer's order had expedited shipping. Typical marketing BS.

----------

Mine also just got moved up to the Monday the 17th. Now I'll have to stay up and wait for it instead of sleeping.
I hate you
bobright is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:41 PM   #961
pshady
macrumors member

My fully loaded (except for RAM - doing that myself) shipped tonight and is arriving 12/13! Next day shipping.

i7
2GB GPU
3TB Fusion Drive
Magic Mouse
Keyboard
8GB RAM

FYI - Shipped via FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution
pshady is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:44 PM   #962
hfg
macrumors 68020

Is anyone whose order was on the first UPS planeload this morning from Shanghai to Anchorage showing a AK departure yet on their UPS tracking?

I had a 12/18 delivery date estimate in the Apple shipping email, but UPS tracking has now posted a Scheduled Delivery: Monday 12/17. Recently UPS has been beating their scheduled delivery dates by 1 day here, so I am hoping that once it is moving again they might push that up to Friday 12/14.
hfg is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:02 AM   #963
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshady View Post
My fully loaded (except for RAM - doing that myself) shipped tonight and is arriving 12/13! Next day shipping.

i7
2GB GPU
3TB Fusion Drive
Magic Mouse
Keyboard
8GB RAM

FYI - Shipped via FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution
I really don't understand why mine has not shipped at and others have. Crazy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:04 AM   #964
pshady
macrumors member

My iMac shipment notice lists the following:

Items in Your Shipment
27-inch iMac
Part Number: Z0MS
With the following configuration:

PROCESSOR 065-C0PK 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

MEMORY 065-0638 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB

HARD DRIVE 065-C0Q6 3TB Fusion Drive

GRAPHICS 065-C099 NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

MOUSE 065-0661 APPLE MAGIC MOUSE

BATTERY CHARGER 065-0670 NO APPLE BATTERY CHARGER

PAGES 065-C13D NONE

NUMBERS 065-C13F NONE

KEYNOTE 065-C13G NONE

APPLE KEYBOARD 065-0664 Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

COUNTRY KIT 065-0718 COUNTRY KIT

Does this mean I get free copies of Pages, Numbers and Keynote? I've never seen this before.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:09 AM   #965
coolosxapps
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Does this mean I get free copies of Pages, Numbers and Keynote? I've never seen this before.
No - it says "none", which means you won't be getting it.
coolosxapps is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:11 AM   #966
pshady
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolosxapps View Post
No - it says "none", which means you won't be getting it.
Ah - yes I guess so! Why list it then?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:13 AM   #967
oaks42
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Ah - yes I guess so! Why list it then?
Marketing strategy. So you can give it a second thought.
oaks42 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:26 AM   #968
TempestSorcerer
macrumors newbie

So no one got their status changed today yet?
It's 2:26pm in China now...
TempestSorcerer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:26 AM   #969
MiddKid
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddKid View Post
Just to add my info...

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered 12:11am PST on 11/30.

Still processing. AmEx has a pending charge as of this morning.

Called just now to upgrade to expedited and got the same story...that all the iMacs are being upgraded for free and the was nothing to upgrade...
So after reading that perhaps Apple is considering expedited shipping = standard shipping I just called back and clarified and said I'd be willing to pay the $30 to upgrade my order to 2-3 day shipping...not just "expedited shipping." The response this time was that it was not possible to change the shipping once the order was placed...even though I'm still in "Processing." Hmmm...back to page refreshing. 10:25pm PST...still Processing (even though I ordered at 12:11am PST on 11/30).
MiddKid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:37 AM   #970
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestSorcerer View Post
So no one got their status changed today yet?
It's 2:26pm in China now...
Maybe the factory workers are on strike because they don't want to push out so many iMacs by Christmas
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:38 AM   #971
noahc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfg View Post
Is anyone whose order was on the first UPS planeload this morning from Shanghai to Anchorage showing a AK departure yet on their UPS tracking?
I think it was a big assumption from everybody that the departure 10:50pm from Shanghai was getting on a plane. Mine is in this batch but was just scanned "Export Scan" in Shanghai at 2:09pm -- so its still in China. Delivery time has changed to 12/17 before end of day. I think it is unlikely to be significantly sped up beyond this.. of course I'll hold out hope that the transit gods smile upon me and it is delivered on Friday instead but I'm not putting any money on that.

Once again wishing I'd called and asked for expedited shipping!
noahc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:40 AM   #972
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddKid View Post
So after reading that perhaps Apple is considering expedited shipping = standard shipping I just called back and clarified and said I'd be willing to pay the $30 to upgrade my order to 2-3 day shipping...not just "expedited shipping." The response this time was that it was not possible to change the shipping once the order was placed...even though I'm still in "Processing." Hmmm...back to page refreshing. 10:25pm PST...still Processing (even though I ordered at 12:11am PST on 11/30).
I tried to do this, but moving from 2-3 day to overnight... as some people on here were given overnight shipping for whatever reason... and the guy told me they don't offer overnight shipping because it's international. I tried explaining the whole "I mean once it arrives" thing but then I figured I was wasting my breath.

I ordered mine at 12:15 that day and I'm still processing. For all we know they just took all the orders from 11/30 and chose to ship them randomly instead of going in order. The best we can do is hope we're part of the next shipment.
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:58 AM   #973
WilliamG
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkautosports View Post
I tried to do this, but moving from 2-3 day to overnight... as some people on here were given overnight shipping for whatever reason... and the guy told me they don't offer overnight shipping because it's international. I tried explaining the whole "I mean once it arrives" thing but then I figured I was wasting my breath.

I ordered mine at 12:15 that day and I'm still processing. For all we know they just took all the orders from 11/30 and chose to ship them randomly instead of going in order. The best we can do is hope we're part of the next shipment.
Seems random to me. Like many people I ordered within 3 minutes of it going live. No change to the order status.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:01 AM   #974
kcramer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkautosports View Post
My order is 11/29 and it is still at "Processing Items".
kcramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:12 AM   #975
Senor Manzana
macrumors newbie

I ordered my Imac within the first 30 min and my order is still processing. I'm a little worried though since the hold on my card was removed.
Senor Manzana is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac