Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
This is going to be a HELL of a long week :)
Once one EU shippment has shipped, that will be the sign to jump and sing!!! :D

Vitiri

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
27" BTO i7/680/Fusion.

Preparing to Ship last night.
This morning updated to shipped.
Just got tracking and it will arrive on Thursday.

I knew Apple wasn't lying when they said I should have it by the 14th.

:)))))))))
So yours will be 2012 model, i'm getting mine around January 2-8th, which makes it a 2013 model! :D

Eh, we all jealous

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
My 27" BTO has shipped. Delivery date of the 18th. Have a UPS tracking number. I did not expedite the order, so UPS and not Fed Ex. Still, the 18th is perfect. I am off work for 7 days on the 19th.

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
My 27" BTO has shipped. Delivery date of the 18th. Have a UPS tracking number. I did not expedite the order, so UPS and not Fed Ex. Still, the 18th is perfect. I am off work for 7 days on the 19th.

What dates were you originally given?

califlorida

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
What dates were you actually given.

I've got 28th December - 4th January, if you're dates were much later than the 13th then maybe I still have hope for mine coming before Christmas.

21-28th Expedited was my original estimated dates. Yes it's BTO and I can report back where it was manufactured if people want to know that once it arrives. It will be here the 13th, when I had called Apple last week CSR told me she bet it would arrive by the 14th. Guess they know more than they let on.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Ordered core i5/675/8gb ram with fusion drive (1TB) at 6am on Nov 30th.

Shipping via UPS, departured scan China at 1050PM local time.

It says December 18th on my "shipped" Apple email I just received. It is what it is. I ordred regular shipping.

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
So much for "everybody gets expedited shipping".

Those who have regular shipping are going via UPS and their shipments will be mass cleared, likely in ANC, before getting distributed throughout the UPS system next weekend and we'll see them the 18th (or be surprised on the 17th).

Those who got expedited are going Fedex and get their 5+ days earlier.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
20121211-221307.jpg

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I'm glad someone is getting their machines early but it's freekin annoying that while some machines are all ready on their way others haven't even started being processed at apple :(

And those mostly I mean US people. I paid through my nose for this machine - and I ordered instantly when it was available. Apple should show some respect for that. :annoyed:

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
I'm glad someone is getting their machines early but it's freekin annoying that while some machines are all ready on their way others haven't even started being processed at apple :(

And those mostly I mean US people. I paid through my nose for this machine - and I ordered instantly when it was available. Apple should show some respect for that. :pissed:

Try praying. It works for me every day. :)

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Nothing shocking. It is STILL a US company even if they where made on the moon so US should be shipped first. Simple logic.

what stupid logic! That's an egocentric way of thinking and not how it works. So, that means you think if you buy a mercedes or a bmw you should always wait until all the Germans get theirs first? Or if you listen to music on spotify you should always get bad feed because swedes are priority 1, or if you buy a playstation you have to wait till all the Japanese gets their first ?.....No! Apple is an international distributional company - if they sell stuff worldwide, they should treat everyone equal. If they would not open for international sale it would be a different matter, but as long as they do sell worldwide there's no reason to put anyone in favor. stop live in your own patriotic little bubble.

Last edited:

FFabian

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Bochum, Germany
... and there is a certain not-Apple manufacturer of Smartphones from Korea that started shipping one of their latest devices in the EU first. Simple Logic ... not so simple eh?

pubjoe

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
what stupid logic ... stop live in your own patriotic little bubble.
Oh for god sake. Has it got that stressy here after a day? Someone's got to get theirs first. It's going to be a pleasant couple of weeks round at yours. :rolleyes:

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
ordered the same thing as you, the minute it went on sale mine still "processing"

You know, nothing gets you in the holiday spirit like seeing everyone else get their presents from under the tree and finding out that Santa forgot you. This is how I am feeling, as countless people with my same specs that ordered hours later are getting their iMacs. Makes me feel stupid for staying up half the night so that I could order in the first few minutes. I had everything set so it literally took me less than sixty seconds to order once the page went live. Now, I'm turning in to a grinch! BAD APPLE! :mad:

maverick72

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2009
what stupid logic! That's an egocentric way of thinking and not how it works. So, that means you think if you buy a mercedes or a bmw you should always wait until all the Germans get theirs first? Or if you listen to music on spotify you should always get bad feed because swedes are priority 1, or if you buy a playstation you have to wait till all the Japanese gets their first ?.....No! Apple is an international distributional company - if they sell stuff worldwide, they should treat everyone equal. If they would not open for international sale it would be a different matter, but as long as they do sell worldwide there's no reason to put anyone in favor. stop live in your own patriotic little bubble.

I live in Europe but thanks for the assomption.

Funny thing you mention playstation cause that is EXACTLY what happend on the launch of the ps3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_launch

So yeah Americains should get them first ... for once. I have no problems with that even if that means i get it later. I will survive getting my computer 1 month later.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I live in Europe but thanks for the assomption.

Funny thing you mention playstation cause that is EXACTLY what happend on the launch of the ps3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_launch

So yeah Americains should get them first ... for once. I have no problems with that even if that means i get it later. I will survive getting my computer 1 month later.

like I said, if the launch actually are differentiated by country or continents, then its a different matter. If its a worldwide release its a different matter. The iMac was a worldwide release.

msg362

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
Thailand
Thailand!!

Ordered mine 4.00 pm Thai time 30th. Just got info, 'preparing to ship' ( I was given 24-27th Dec delivery). Looks like it will be here very soon Yippee!!! been waiting since March!!
( 27" i7 3.4/3TB fusion/2GB GPU)

Rotozip

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Cracks me up... I am just picturing people sitting there hitting refresh waiting for their order summary page to change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.