Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexjholland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hey, I have downloaded a number of audiobooks to play via my iPod Classic in my car.

A known issue with the iPod Classic that hasn't been resolved, is the complete jumbling of chapters that happens when you load several books which have chapters divided into several sections. Rather than being collected by author (artist) and chapter (track) they're just jumbled nonsensically.

As the function for audiobooks has an 'auto-resume' function, actually there is little reason for me not to have each audiobook as one complete file, which would neaten things up. Unfortunately, most audiobooks seem to download in separate chapters.

So, I want to be able to arrange my audiobook chapters in sequence and stitch them back into one continuous file.

The only program I've found to do this so far is on http://dougscripts.com/itunes/ but, irritatingly, the order of tracks is frequently jumbled in the result - so it's useless.

Do you guys know of a free, or reasonably-priced program that can do this for me? I'm using a Mac - of course - and have access to the App Store.

tbrinkma

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2006
There's an easier way. Create a playlist with the audiobook tracks in it. No need to create an enormous audio file.

alexjholland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Thanks guys, Audiobook Builder is indeed reasonably priced. It looks like a product which has been designed with care; and has two strong endorsements, so I'll buy it.

Looked at Playlists, but I want to use my book function as was intended!

alexjholland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Ok, this app is doing a great job of making the audiobooks..

But if I make one on my desktop, it seems there are two in my library by the time I drag it to my 'automatically add to iTunes folder'..

Then I delete the duplicate; and neither work!

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I found I needed an AudioBook maker to bind a bunch of files together. I was going to look at what was posted here but also checked out the AppStore and ended up using AudioBook Binder. It is FREE and seems to work perfectly. There are quite a few others and they are all less expensive than the one listed above; they may be worth checking out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.