Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanielYilmaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
I want to work at apple but is there any specific standards I need to meet ? Ive used macs for over 5 years and know more than the average consumer also I know alot about specific components in a computer e.g. GPU,RAM,CPU ect

Im a huge fan of apple and really want to work there and can someone tell me there hourly pay rate ? Im from the UK btw

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I want to work at apple but is there any specific standards I need to meet ? Ive used macs for over 5 years and know more than the average consumer also I know alot about specific components in a computer e.g. GPU,RAM,CPU ect

Im a huge fan of apple and really want to work there and can someone tell me there hourly pay rate ? Im from the UK btw

I have no idea what their hourly pay rate would b because I assume that wild depend both on your e pertinence and their budget.

The first thing you should do is stop using your macrumors account.

The second thing would be to go and apply because I have been helped by in an Apple store that knew less than I did and I still run in to those issues.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I want to work at apple but is there any specific standards I need to meet ?

Sales. It's great to know your stuff, but you also have to know how to sell stuff. I've worked retail sales, similar to Apple Stores. I knew enough to sell stuff. Although sales aren't really my thing.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010

It doesnt matter what you know about macs, the only pre-requisites to a job in apple retail are a fake smile, hipster dress sense and a willingess to give blowies to get a genius job.

Shoot

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
They don't so much mind how good you are with macs, they prefer to train you but your background is important (someone who works with logic already might get preference for a Trainer role whereas a general user might be better starting in sales)

The main thing is whether your communication skills, customer interaction skills and personality match what they're looking for.

Pay varies from store to store, a flagship will pay more than a middle-of-nowhere one. If you're coming from an equivalent job, you have the option of asking them to meet your old pay if it was higher and you're worth hiring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.