Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thylightguy

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Stairs in Old Point Loma Lighthouse, San Diego, California
1/30s, f/3.5, ISO 1600, 10mm
Canon EOS Rebel T2i + EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

Sorry -- did not see that the competition was closed until after posting.

This is a wonderful shot that you took of the stairs, but one question I have is how in the world did you get this picture without any tourists in the photo? I have rarely seen this stairwell empty. Thanks for sharing.

jabbott

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2009
This is a wonderful shot that you took of the stairs, but one question I have is how in the world did you get this picture without any tourists in the photo? I have rarely seen this stairwell empty. Thanks for sharing.
0ea252ec_113727d1194053211-es300-a-c-or-cabin-filter-change-97-01-holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Glad you like the stairwell photo. I was there around the time they were closing, and even then I had to wait a couple minutes to get the shot.

Just for grins, I decided to re-process the photo using Lightroom 4 and here is the before and after:

With Aperture 3 (prior to v3.3) using highlight recovery and Neat Image:
stairs.jpg

With Lightroom 4 using highlight recovery and noise reduction - note the retained detail near the bottom of the stairs. I checked and Aperture 3.3.2's updated highlight recovery performs similarly in retaining detail.
stairs3.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.