Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
NH
Any advice for a DLNA server to enable access to videos in iTunes via my Blu Ray player (Sony BDP-S570)? I tried a free server called "TVMobili" but it didn't work with videos.

Free options would be best :eek:, but if others have used paid-for applications (such as EyeConnect) with their Sony Blu Ray players I'd be very interested to know about your experience.

Thanks in advance!

davige

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010
LG BD570 Blu-Ray player will see PC, Mac & AirPort Extreme USB Airdisks and play most media files via DLNA. Works best with FAT32 formatted drives. No setup or additional software needed. Works great. You can also plug a USB drive directly into player.

peteintas

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Australia
I've had much success with iSedora on my Sony Bravia & Sony Blu-Ray player, its cross platform, $25 USD, probably got the best interface of any of the DLNA Servers I've seen. Unlike may other similar apps this provides transcoding of most video & audio formats.

nighttrain2008

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2008
I've had much success with iSedora on my Sony Bravia & Sony Blu-Ray player, its cross platform, $25 USD, probably got the best interface of any of the DLNA Servers I've seen. Unlike may other similar apps this provides transcoding of most video & audio formats.

I must be missing something. I tried iSedora and it connects to the BDP-S570 but isn't recognized in the video menu. The one time I did get it to recognize in the video pull down menu it doesn't recognize any of my video files from iTunes

billyburg175

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
BDP-570 and iSedora and OSX

If you weren't able to get iSedora to work before, try again using v1.7.4, and ensure you are set to NTSC in "Configuration".

It wasn't working for me prior to September 24, 2010. Now it's fine.

iSedora seems to be on top of fixing user reported issues.

Also, my workflow for ripping my home library is:

1) MacTheRipper (free)
2) HandBrake using the iPhone preset (small files, they look good on my standard def TV)
3) Stream via iSedora

Good luck!

deejum

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2010
MacBook Pro & sony Blu-ray Disc Player

Will a Sony BDP-S560 be able to be connected to my MacBook Pro with Leopard OS. What server would work best?

jdryyz

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2007
I know I'm posting to an old message, but do you or anyone else here know if iSedora gets along well with Sony's latest Blu-Ray players, specifically the BDP-S790? I see that the S790 supports .mkv media and I know Isedora has no problem with it either. What I don't know anything about is Sony's DLNA capabilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.