Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
So I have an upgrade an really want an android since I'm on us cellular. I really like the GS3 but its too expensive. I'm looking for a pretty cheap phone that is still pretty good. Do you guys think that the LG Splendor for .01 is a good deal? I will mainly be using it for texting email twitter Facebook some Skype and pictures music and some games like angry birds and web surfing. What are your opinions?

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
So I have an upgrade an really want an android since I'm on us cellular. I really like the GS3 but its too expensive. I'm looking for a pretty cheap phone that is still pretty good. Do you guys think that the LG Splendor for .01 is a good deal? I will mainly be using it for texting email twitter Facebook some Skype and pictures music and some games like angry birds and web surfing. What are your opinions?

Nexus 4?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Any way to negotiate to get the S3 for cheaper? I've seen commercials and ads for the S3 for under $50. See if they'll give you a discount or credit toward future bills.

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
I already did and they kept it at 200 dollars so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
If you are looking for cheaper, the Samsung Galaxy Axiom looks pretty good. It's based off of the GSIII Mini (See Link Below). It looks like the GSIII, but it's smaller and the specs arn't as good, but runs pretty well from what I can see if you can't afford the GSIII.

IMO, save the cash and get the GSIII. See if you can't find a deal.

http://www.uscellular.com/uscellula...ice-category-phone&brand-os=device-os-Android

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
No my friend has a GS2 and hers keeps rebooting and it's on us cellular so I was just going to ask. How long have you had your phone?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
All of the free options on US Cellular are pretty bad (duh free).

The S2 16gb is 129.00 AFTER mail in rebate. The S3 16gb is 149.00 with no mail in rebate.

Seriously I'd either go for the S3 or not get anything! Why buy an old Android device when the common census is the old one suck and the new ones are great?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
All of the free options on US Cellular are pretty bad (duh free).

The S2 16gb is 129.00 AFTER mail in rebate. The S3 16gb is 149.00 with no mail in rebate.

Seriously I'd either go for the S3 or not get anything! Why buy an old Android device when the common census is the old one suck and the new ones are great?

I agree. If you're going to be stuck in a new contract, you should spend a little to have a phone that'll last you during that time. I could see you saying android sucks in the future because you picked up a cheap free device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.