Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage12.png
Rovio is celebrating Angry Birds' third anniversary by upgrading the game with iPhone 5 support and also disclosing that an Angry Birds movie is tentatively scheduled for release in 2016.
On the third anniversary of the release of Angry Birds, Rovio Entertainment announced that Despicable Me producer John Cohen has signed on as producer of the upcoming Angry Birds movie. David Maisel, former Chairman of Marvel Studios and executive producer of Iron Man, will be executive producer of the feature film, coming to theaters in summer 2016. The film will be produced and financed by Rovio Entertainment.
Angry Birds is available for iPhone and iPad on the App Store. [Direct Link: iPhone, iPad]

Article Link: Original 'Angry Birds' Updated for iPhone 5, Big-Screen Movie Coming in 2016

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Angry Birds movies? Wow. Too far... keep it to Apps... and toys.... and whatever they are selling now.

I wonder when the craze will die? It's lasted longer than I thought it would.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Or Jim Carrey?

Three years is a long time in mobile app years. I wonder if the Angry Bird franchise will have lost its popularity by then?
Yeah lol it may be jim too either one would get the part. Or maybe Eddie murphy.

----------

Okay fair enough. It isn't on the desktop site, listed in iOS blog.

Oh okay lol oh well. It's iphone related anyway lol

This movie will go down as a storm in china. Don't they have like angry bird retail stores in china?

XiXora

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
London
I wish someone would tell them how to use the iCloud API (even between the iPhone, iPad and Mac apps)

Akuratyde

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Angry Birds movies? Wow. Too far... keep it to Apps... and toys.... and whatever they are selling now.

Honestly, I feel like the toys and other merchandise are too much. It's an app, for a phone. Do we really need plush toys in the checkout line at Target?

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Dear god let it die. It's not even that good a game!

Rovio are milking the crap out of it.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I wonder who will play angry bird. Adam Sandler maybe?

Kevin Bacon. The guys in everything!

I just can't imagine a movie about Angry Birds though. I mean, they don't really talk, and there's no real plot other then get the eggs back from the pigs.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Kevin Bacon. The guys in everything!

I just can't imagine a movie about Angry Birds though. I mean, they don't really talk, and there's no real plot other then get the eggs back from the pigs.

Games with equal or less plots have been made into movies. They were all complete crap, as most video game adaptations in general are, but still... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.