Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hey all

I'm thinking of getting a Logitech Performance Mouse MX for my 2013 MBA running Mountain Lion.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using this mouse on OSX or if anyone could recommend a good alternative.

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
That's the mouse I use with my MBP at work. I'm really happy with it. It feels nice and Logitech supports OSX with it.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Any problems, lags, etc?

How do you feel about the loss of a USB port? Or can the mouse work without the dongle?

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
No problems with lag or anything else. It's nice that Logitech supports it on OSX so you can use Logitech software for things like reprogramming buttons and whatnot. The other Logitech mice I've had weren't supported on OSX.

You have to use its USB receiver.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks for all the opinions guys. I pulled the trigger on the MX last night (got 30% off from Logitech so went for it). I'll post back with opinions when it arrives.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Best mouse I've ever used..."

I have two Logitech mice (MX 610 and Performance MX). Both are great mice and my Apple mouse stays in the drawer.

You won't go wrong with one of the high-end Logitech mice.

Yes, you will lose a USB port because Logitech uses an RF transmitter instead of Bluetooth. I use a Macally wired USB keyboard with 2 USB ports, I just plug my Logitech receiver into one of the keyboard ports.

You won't regret buying one of these.

Pngwyn

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
I was actually about to ask this question myself!

So it's working 100% with the new versions of OSX Mountain Lion? I've seen a lot of reviews saying the drivers were outdated and people were having a lot of issues with the MX on Mountain Lion.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I was actually about to ask this question myself!

So it's working 100% with the new versions of OSX Mountain Lion? I've seen a lot of reviews saying the drivers were outdated and people were having a lot of issues with the MX on Mountain Lion.

Works fine with 10.8.1 on my Mini and 10.8.2 with my iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.