Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kularius

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Hi guys
Im new here and as I can see is a lot of people with experience about unlock here. My problem is that my iPhone iOS 5.1.1 BB 04.12.02 which I bought recently on ebay is locked to Orange UK and those m@#!$^**^%@ dont want to unlock it because they want me to be at least 3 months their customer... I even asked my friend (he have Orange acc over 5 years) to unlock it for me but their said that IMEI is not connected to his name... and I dont know what to do now as because this Everything Everywhere deal all 3th party unlocks are down at the moment... maybe some of you guys have some advice what I should to do about this ? I cant reach seller btw...

thanks a lot

Thorzkie24

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Can i use my verizon iphone 5 in phil ?

By the way i heard that the iphone 5 verizon is
Unlocked ?and i bought in full price. Means i can use any GSM sim ?
what if i go to phil ? Or any country i can use any sim?
Pls answer this question . Tnx

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
By the way i heard that the iphone 5 verizon is
Unlocked ?and i bought in full price. Means i can use any GSM sim ?
what if i go to phil ? Or any country i can use any sim?
Pls answer this question . Tnx

You can use it in any country, on any GSM carrier.

adeedew

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2005
I stumbled on this site and it 100% worked for me. Tired of chasing jailbreaks and keeping up on what versions and basebands support ultrasn0w, which version of the phone, etc, it's beyond annoying and tiring.
I think the US conversion was about $30USD and overnight i got a email that it was unlocked. This for me was the best way to go, now i can buy a future att version of the iphone online (and pay less) than a "factory unlocked" version and use this co. to permanently unlock it, just has to be a GSM version.
http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk
Tried my Tmobile sim today and worked on an old 3gs i had sitting around from the att days.
Never have to worry about which IOS version i have, etc now. Perfect

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Except in the U.S., right? Last I heard it was domestically locked but unlocked for GSM carriers abroad.

When you get a Sprint phone unlocked by them.. that's the case there. Sprint won't unlock it domestically but you can use it internationally

Thorzkie24

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Yup once the phone is activated you'll be able to stick any SIM in there and use it!

? You know i can use at&t ? Is that ok ?
But i i did not activare the verizon sim ? But i can use at&t .
It means the at&t activated? And i can use any sim?
Im sorry for too many question cause i dont want to havea problem
In my new iphone 5 . Cause i want to use it in any carriers .

trojanchow

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
can anyone confirm that getting their ATT Iphone 5 unlocked through unlock fusion works internationally? i.e. Taiwan. Thank you.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It will work with any gsm carrier in the world.
Not sure what wirless systems Taiwan uses but I'd ask your carrier to find out details.

I got my iPhone 4 unlocked and was able to use a pre-paid SIM card in Taiwan without any problems. I assume the iPhone 5 would be the same experience.

trojanchow

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
For anyone that is curious, T-Mobile now sells micro nano cards meaning you don't have to cut them.

Ted13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
NYC
AT&T iPhone unlocking, the *really* easy way

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

So there is now a hopefully completely painless way to get your iPhone unlocked: the above web address. Just fill in the form.
Your EMEI is findable under Settings:General:About (scroll down) on your iPhone.

AT&T should unlock iPhones whose contract has been completed (2 years old or older)

There is status check page as well:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlockstatus/client/en_US/

I did it with some old iPhones (3GS, 4) it worked as advertised.

----------

For anyone that is curious, T-Mobile now sells micro nano cards meaning you don't have to cut them.

Does T-Mobile have 3G service (AT&T frequencies) in NYC yet? A friend who just switched his iPhone 4 over to T-Mobile reported to me Edge only.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

So there is now a hopefully completely painless way to get your iPhone unlocked: the above web address. Just fill in the form.
Your EMEI is findable under Settings:General:About (scroll down) on your iPhone.

AT&T should unlock iPhones whose contract has been completed (2 years old or older)

There is status check page as well:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlockstatus/client/en_US/

I did it with some old iPhones (3GS, 4) it worked as advertised.

----------

Does T-Mobile have 3G service (AT&T frequencies) in NYC yet? A friend who just switched his iPhone 4 over to T-Mobile reported to me Edge only.

Some areas of NYC do get 3G with tmobile but its spotty still.
About the AT&T link you have to be a customer or previous customer of their and even still if you meet all the requirements they seem to deny most people.
Im with AT&T and tried using it a few times with iphones that were out of contract and still got denied.
Had to argue with a bunch of customer service reps to get them to unlock them.
Its a pain.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Went to the Apple Store to replace my unlock_fusion unlocked phone about two hours ago.. and it's locked. They bitched at me and said the system rang it up as an unauthorized unlock and gave me this one and basically told me to be on my way. Now it's two hours later and the unlock still hasn't transferred so I'm thinking something actually did go wrong. Already purchased another unlock from them.. we'll see. For now I'm out of a phone.. woot! :mad:

edit. . i spoke too soon! WHY DID THAT TAKE SO LONG TO TRANSFER Dx works now.. false alarm.

edit edit: i lied. it was just my second purchased unlock going through.. they really did give me a locked one after telling me my unlock was unauthorized. so stupid..

Has anyone else that purchased an early unlock on ebay or elsewhere had this experience where Apple or AT&T was able to detect an "unauthorized unlock"? I'm concerned that these unlocks may break the warranty or that AT&T may blacklist the device. It seems they can tell.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Got my unlock codes and it worked just fine. :cool: I did receive this notice with my confirmation email from UnlockFusion.

"*IMPORTANT NOTICE* Ebay is banning unlocking on their site. We will be still in business. If you are interested in our reseller site please contact us. We are taking buyers who are REGULAR buyers only. Please contact us for details"

So, if you are thinking about using an eBay unlocker, you should hurry before they are gone.

wenglish

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
...I did receive this notice with my confirmation email from UnlockFusion.

"*IMPORTANT NOTICE* Ebay is banning unlocking on their site. We will be still in business. If you are interested in our reseller site please contact us. We are taking buyers who are REGULAR buyers only. Please contact us for details"...
That's going to be a bummer. I've bought exactly one unlock from unlock_fusion. I might buy a couple more next month (if he's still in business), but then that'll be it for another couple of years probably. I don't think that qualifies me as a REGULAR buyer, and I'm certainly not qualified as a reseller.

I wonder why he doesn't just use a real web site for his sales rather than eBay. Just charge more to cover his increased costs.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
That's going to be a bummer. I've bought exactly one unlock from unlock_fusion. I might buy a couple more next month (if he's still in business), but then that'll be it for another couple of years probably. I don't think that qualifies me as a REGULAR buyer, and I'm certainly not qualified as a reseller.

I wonder why he doesn't just use a real web site for his sales rather than eBay. Just charge more to cover his increased costs.

In fact he does. But once, he's up and running again tonight, should be around midnight before eBay takes him down again, I'm going to buy 10 or more unlock credits.

http://reseller.swiftunlocks.com/main.php

*EDIT*

On his site, he's actually cheaper @ $2.50 per unlock

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.