Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:08 AM   #76
SprSynJn
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Japan
Statistics given on the first post of this thread are the same type that we see all over the Internet though. iOS users are in great abundance in site visits, while Android users are not. iOS users spend much more on applications off the App Store, etc. Isn't that why game companies like Epic, whom I believe make the Infinity Blade series, choose only to release games on iOS? One of the developers even stated that was the reason. Seems to me that people who buy the iPhone actually use it. Android customers just buy it to have a smartphone. That's what I gathered anyway.
SprSynJn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:44 AM   #77
cynics
macrumors 604
 
cynics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I just saw a girl working at McDonald's using an iPhone. Must be the the owners daughter.

/s
__________________
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices
cynics is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:32 AM   #78
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020
 
TacticalDesire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Michigan
Anyone who buys an iPhone 4 is a bottom dweller because its free.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:39 AM   #79
siiip5
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
I'm from London chap... Nice rant though
I'm sorry. Did I make a bogus assumption based of flawed data. Interesting that you noticed it now.
siiip5 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:06 PM   #80
cynics
macrumors 604
 
cynics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDesire View Post
Anyone who buys an iPhone 4 is a bottom dweller because its free.
Yep, real low life.

I think your driver license should say whether you got your iPhone new at full price and just haven't upgraded or if you got free on contract so you aren't confused with these bottom dwellers.

/s
__________________
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:45 PM   #81
ItsWelshy
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by siiip5 View Post
I'm sorry. Did I make a bogus assumption based of flawed data. Interesting that you noticed it now.
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
__________________
rMBP iPhone 5 64GB iPod Nano Time Capsule ATV 2
ItsWelshy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:22 PM   #82
Dr McKay
macrumors 68040
 
Dr McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kirkland
Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
Now I know you're trolling. First off you say in the title that iOS users are smarter than Android users, then you pull some numbers out of your arse relating to money spent on a holiday.
__________________
Worth the weight
Dr McKay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:25 PM   #83
siiip5
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
LOL. Please tell me how owning an iPhone can actually be a precursor to higher income? You do know that iPhones are given away for free with O2, Orange, 3, etc... So what does this tell us about these people? They living on a government stipend because they decided to get a free phone on contract? Your rationale is flawed from the base.

But hey, why stop with your assumptions about Android owners, which is based on your tiny little part of the world? I have a feeling your views on race, sexuality and creed are probably just as skewed.
siiip5 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:01 PM   #84
cynics
macrumors 604
 
cynics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!



Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background





Another

__________________
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices

Last edited by cynics; Dec 11, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:24 PM   #85
TheHateMachine
macrumors 6502a
 
TheHateMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Image

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Image

Image

Another

Image
I hate you and your ilk... kidding kidding. I am so jealous right now. Why do you have to do this to me!
__________________
I own stuff that is cool and fits my needs.
TheHateMachine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:34 PM   #86
strausd
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Image

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Image

Image

Another

Image
Macrumors house party?
strausd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:59 PM   #87
hamkor04
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
The only reason I can think of why people write off the iPad 4/ iPad Mini so venomously is the simple fact that can't afford one.
How about that?!
__________________
“All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.”
hamkor04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:02 PM   #88
Tinmania
macrumors 68030
 
Tinmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aridzona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
I notice you haven't revealed who "your company" is.

That is because, if they are in fact a legitimate company, they would fire your ass in a heartbeat over the nonsense that you spewed--allegedly with their data.



Michael
Tinmania is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:03 PM   #89
Niko91
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Italy
Why is everybody responding to this troll?
__________________
iPhone 4S, 32 GB, Black
MacBook Pro Retina, i7 2.6 GHz, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM
Niko91 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:08 PM   #90
hamkor04
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
Disagree. It comes down to preferences and what people choose to spend their money on. I personally think the Mini is weak and the iPad 4 offers nothing to excite me. It doesn't mean that I can't afford to buy them.

People who defend what phone or tablet they carry so venomously are immature and need a reality check. It works both ways. Die hard Apple fans are just as bad as Android fans eager to force their point across. You all need to grow the **** up.
Agreed. Some times i feel little uncomfortable. When someone sarcastically asks what phone am i use. I think they been faced with Apple or Android fun bots

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
Wow, how old are again ?
__________________
“All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.”
hamkor04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:52 PM   #91
Wrathwitch
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
Dude you are such a shower (in french). Look up the word.

Your company? LOL! So cute, it's like listening to a trained monkey who has been taught to repeat words.

Worse yet is it is actually quite sad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Image

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Image

Image

Another

Image
I am so jealous!! Beautiful!!
__________________
Life is too short to dance with ugly men!
Wrathwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:18 PM   #92
irDigital0l
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
The only reason I can think of why people write off the iPad 4/ iPad Mini so venomously is the simple fact that can't afford one.
Typical "elite" Apple fanboy response.

Your logic is that spending more money means you get a better product.

lol
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:22 PM   #93
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Image

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Image

Image

Another

Image
That's a freaking mansion man!
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:53 PM   #94
siiip5
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Image

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Image

Image

Another

Image
Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!

But you and your dad have Android phones, so you obviously are poor. But maybe poor is a relative term to the OP? As in, compared to Bill Gates you are poor.
siiip5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:13 PM   #95
Tinmania
macrumors 68030
 
Tinmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aridzona
Quote:
Originally Posted by siiip5 View Post
Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!
If you didn't use Android you could afford it!

Seriously though, the grill part is easy. The exhaust system, not so much. Don't ask me how I know.



Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:25 AM   #96
cynics
macrumors 604
 
cynics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by siiip5 View Post
Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!

But you and your dad have Android phones, so you obviously are poor. But maybe poor is a relative term to the OP? As in, compared to Bill Gates you are poor.
Actually he has an Android phone. I have an iPhone. I live in a condo a few states away from him. It goes without saying he has more money then me. Lol
__________________
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:49 AM   #97
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
Actually he has an Android phone. I have an iPhone. I live in a condo a few states away from him. It goes without saying he has more money then me. Lol
Inheritance coming soon.
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:44 AM   #98
ChazUK
macrumors 603
 
ChazUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex (UK)
You are all nobody's until you order a holiday with welshy's company on an iPad.

Including me. :-(
__________________
Windows 8 Desktop | iPhone 4s | iPad 2 | Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 | Lumia 530
ChazUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:38 AM   #99
JediZenMaster
macrumors 65816
 
JediZenMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Send a message via AIM to JediZenMaster
I think it's rather silly to call someone poor or dumb or smart based on their platform of choice.

That's as silly as people who think just because someone is with verizon as opposed to sprint that makes them ghetto or poor.

Tyler durden said it best!
JediZenMaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:40 AM   #100
KirkL
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States
What makes you think the OP is a troll?

Here's a WSJ article with interesting insights.

//Owners of other Apple devices had similar traits, with higher incomes than users of BlackBerrys or smartphones running on Google’s Android software, according to BIGinsight.

There’s evidence this higher income level translates into higher spending. Nearly half of retailers in a recent study by Forrester Research and Shop.org said users of tablets – who by a large majority are iPad owners – tend to place bigger online orders on average than users of laptops or desktops. Shoppers on Apple devices like iPhones also outspend shoppers using Android or Blackberry devices, according to IBM, which tracks data from retailers.


And while there are twice as many mobile gamers on Android devices in the U.S. as there are on iPhone and iPads, the amount spent by Apple gamers is five times higher than Android gamers, according to international gaming market research firm Newzoo.


In light of this, retailers have scrambled to roll out mobile apps geared toward iPhone and iPad users, often before rolling out their Android versions. And some are retooling their regular websites to make them work better with Apple devices, removing Flash video, which Apple’s mobile devices don’t support, and spacing out links for easier targeting with fingers.//


http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/06/...and-retailers/


Though I think it's BS to call this an "intellectual divide." It seems like a socioeconomic divide to me.
KirkL is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why far more Android users post here than iOS users on Android forums? KimIlSung Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 84 Oct 24, 2014 04:36 PM
iOS 7 from an Android users perspective. Southernboyj iOS 7 5 Jun 11, 2013 01:27 AM
Apps for Android users who also use iOS sk1wbw Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 1 Mar 20, 2013 10:08 AM
i might look at an android (MAXX).....i need iOS users opinions on aliensarecool Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 10 Aug 26, 2012 07:05 PM
iOS users are savvy. Android Users Don't Know Enough to Matter Technarchy Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 4 Jun 25, 2012 03:20 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC