Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:08 AM   #76
SprSynJn

Statistics given on the first post of this thread are the same type that we see all over the Internet though. iOS users are in great abundance in site visits, while Android users are not. iOS users spend much more on applications off the App Store, etc. Isn't that why game companies like Epic, whom I believe make the Infinity Blade series, choose only to release games on iOS? One of the developers even stated that was the reason. Seems to me that people who buy the iPhone actually use it. Android customers just buy it to have a smartphone. That's what I gathered anyway.
SprSynJn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:44 AM   #77
cynics
macrumors 604

I just saw a girl working at McDonald's using an iPhone. Must be the the owners daughter.

/s
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:32 AM   #78
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Anyone who buys an iPhone 4 is a bottom dweller because its free.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:39 AM   #79
siiip5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
I'm from London chap... Nice rant though
I'm sorry. Did I make a bogus assumption based of flawed data. Interesting that you noticed it now.
siiip5 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:06 PM   #80
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDesire View Post
Anyone who buys an iPhone 4 is a bottom dweller because its free.
Yep, real low life.

I think your driver license should say whether you got your iPhone new at full price and just haven't upgraded or if you got free on contract so you aren't confused with these bottom dwellers.

/s
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:45 PM   #81
ItsWelshy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by siiip5 View Post
I'm sorry. Did I make a bogus assumption based of flawed data. Interesting that you noticed it now.
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:22 PM   #82
Dr McKay
macrumors 68040

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
Quote:
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

Now I know you're trolling. First off you say in the title that iOS users are smarter than Android users, then you pull some numbers out of your arse relating to money spent on a holiday.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:25 PM   #83
siiip5
Banned

Quote:

LOL. Please tell me how owning an iPhone can actually be a precursor to higher income? You do know that iPhones are given away for free with O2, Orange, 3, etc... So what does this tell us about these people? They living on a government stipend because they decided to get a free phone on contract? Your rationale is flawed from the base.

But hey, why stop with your assumptions about Android owners, which is based on your tiny little part of the world? I have a feeling your views on race, sexuality and creed are probably just as skewed.
siiip5 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:01 PM   #84
cynics
macrumors 604

My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Another

Last edited by cynics; Dec 11, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:24 PM   #85
TheHateMachine
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Another

I hate you and your ilk... kidding kidding. I am so jealous right now. Why do you have to do this to me!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:34 PM   #86
strausd
macrumors 68030

Quote:

Another

Macrumors house party?
strausd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:59 PM   #87
hamkor04
macrumors 6502

Quote:
The only reason I can think of why people write off the iPad 4/ iPad Mini so venomously is the simple fact that can't afford one.
How about that?!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:02 PM   #88
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

Quote:

I notice you haven't revealed who "your company" is.

That is because, if they are in fact a legitimate company, they would fire your ass in a heartbeat over the nonsense that you spewed--allegedly with their data.

Michael
Tinmania is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:03 PM   #89
Niko91
macrumors member

Why is everybody responding to this troll?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:08 PM   #90
hamkor04
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
Disagree. It comes down to preferences and what people choose to spend their money on. I personally think the Mini is weak and the iPad 4 offers nothing to excite me. It doesn't mean that I can't afford to buy them.

People who defend what phone or tablet they carry so venomously are immature and need a reality check. It works both ways. Die hard Apple fans are just as bad as Android fans eager to force their point across. You all need to grow the **** up.
Agreed. Some times i feel little uncomfortable. When someone sarcastically asks what phone am i use. I think they been faced with Apple or Android fun bots

----------

Quote:

Wow, how old are again ?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:52 PM   #91
Wrathwitch
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Dude you are such a shower (in french). Look up the word.

Your company? LOL! So cute, it's like listening to a trained monkey who has been taught to repeat words.

Worse yet is it is actually quite sad....

Quote:

Another

I am so jealous!! Beautiful!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:18 PM   #92
irDigital0l

Quote:
The only reason I can think of why people write off the iPad 4/ iPad Mini so venomously is the simple fact that can't afford one.
Typical "elite" Apple fanboy response.

Your logic is that spending more money means you get a better product.

lol
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:22 PM   #93
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Another

That's a freaking mansion man!
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:53 PM   #94
siiip5
Banned

Quote:

Another

Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!

But you and your dad have Android phones, so you obviously are poor. But maybe poor is a relative term to the OP? As in, compared to Bill Gates you are poor.
siiip5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:13 PM   #95
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!
If you didn't use Android you could afford it!

Seriously though, the grill part is easy. The exhaust system, not so much. Don't ask me how I know.

Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:25 AM   #96
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:

But you and your dad have Android phones, so you obviously are poor. But maybe poor is a relative term to the OP? As in, compared to Bill Gates you are poor.
Actually he has an Android phone. I have an iPhone. I live in a condo a few states away from him. It goes without saying he has more money then me. Lol
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:49 AM   #97
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Actually he has an Android phone. I have an iPhone. I live in a condo a few states away from him. It goes without saying he has more money then me. Lol
Inheritance coming soon.
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:44 AM   #98
ChazUK
macrumors 603

You are all nobody's until you order a holiday with welshy's company on an iPad.

Including me. :-(
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:38 AM   #99
JediZenMaster
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to JediZenMaster
I think it's rather silly to call someone poor or dumb or smart based on their platform of choice.

That's as silly as people who think just because someone is with verizon as opposed to sprint that makes them ghetto or poor.

Tyler durden said it best!
JediZenMaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:40 AM   #100
KirkL
macrumors 6502

What makes you think the OP is a troll?

Here's a WSJ article with interesting insights.

//Owners of other Apple devices had similar traits, with higher incomes than users of BlackBerrys or smartphones running on Google’s Android software, according to BIGinsight.

There’s evidence this higher income level translates into higher spending. Nearly half of retailers in a recent study by Forrester Research and Shop.org said users of tablets – who by a large majority are iPad owners – tend to place bigger online orders on average than users of laptops or desktops. Shoppers on Apple devices like iPhones also outspend shoppers using Android or Blackberry devices, according to IBM, which tracks data from retailers.

And while there are twice as many mobile gamers on Android devices in the U.S. as there are on iPhone and iPads, the amount spent by Apple gamers is five times higher than Android gamers, according to international gaming market research firm Newzoo.

In light of this, retailers have scrambled to roll out mobile apps geared toward iPhone and iPad users, often before rolling out their Android versions. And some are retooling their regular websites to make them work better with Apple devices, removing Flash video, which Apple’s mobile devices don’t support, and spacing out links for easier targeting with fingers.//

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/06/...and-retailers/

Though I think it's BS to call this an "intellectual divide." It seems like a socioeconomic divide to me.
KirkL is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices