Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SprSynJn

Sep 15, 2011
Japan
Statistics given on the first post of this thread are the same type that we see all over the Internet though. iOS users are in great abundance in site visits, while Android users are not. iOS users spend much more on applications off the App Store, etc. Isn't that why game companies like Epic, whom I believe make the Infinity Blade series, choose only to release games on iOS? One of the developers even stated that was the reason. Seems to me that people who buy the iPhone actually use it. Android customers just buy it to have a smartphone. That's what I gathered anyway.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I just saw a girl working at McDonald's using an iPhone. Must be the the owners daughter.

/s

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Anyone who buys an iPhone 4 is a bottom dweller because its free.

Yep, real low life.

I think your driver license should say whether you got your iPhone new at full price and just haven't upgraded or if you got free on contract so you aren't confused with these bottom dwellers.

/s

ItsWelshy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
I'm sorry. Did I make a bogus assumption based of flawed data. Interesting that you noticed it now.

How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

My company is now stoping future android releases and focusing on iOS

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
How is it flawed data? Look at my first post, it's very clear that Android users have less income.

Now I know you're trolling. First off you say in the title that iOS users are smarter than Android users, then you pull some numbers out of your arse relating to money spent on a holiday.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012

LOL. Please tell me how owning an iPhone can actually be a precursor to higher income? You do know that iPhones are given away for free with O2, Orange, 3, etc... So what does this tell us about these people? They living on a government stipend because they decided to get a free phone on contract? Your rationale is flawed from the base.

But hey, why stop with your assumptions about Android owners, which is based on your tiny little part of the world? I have a feeling your views on race, sexuality and creed are probably just as skewed.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

6yjupuhu.jpg

Anyone that think android users are broke are probably......broke

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

duhugy9e.jpg

u7usugy5.jpg

Another

e4e5ezeb.jpg

Last edited:

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
My father uses a Motorola Razr. It doesn't connect to the settings on his wall for his indoor pool! How embarrassing!

Edit : btw heres a pic of the pool. And yes that is an indoor grille in the.background

Another

I hate you and your ilk... kidding kidding. I am so jealous right now. Why do you have to do this to me!

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas

Another

Macrumors house party?

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona

I notice you haven't revealed who "your company" is.

That is because, if they are in fact a legitimate company, they would fire your ass in a heartbeat over the nonsense that you spewed--allegedly with their data.

Michael

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
Disagree. It comes down to preferences and what people choose to spend their money on. I personally think the Mini is weak and the iPad 4 offers nothing to excite me. It doesn't mean that I can't afford to buy them.

People who defend what phone or tablet they carry so venomously are immature and need a reality check. It works both ways. Die hard Apple fans are just as bad as Android fans eager to force their point across. You all need to grow the **** up.

Agreed. Some times i feel little uncomfortable. When someone sarcastically asks what phone am i use. I think they been faced with Apple or Android fun bots

----------

Wow, how old are again ?

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009

Dude you are such a shower (in french). Look up the word.

Your company? LOL! So cute, it's like listening to a trained monkey who has been taught to repeat words.

Worse yet is it is actually quite sad....

Another

I am so jealous!! Beautiful!!

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
The only reason I can think of why people write off the iPad 4/ iPad Mini so venomously is the simple fact that can't afford one.

Typical "elite" Apple fanboy response.

Your logic is that spending more money means you get a better product.

lol

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

Another

That's a freaking mansion man!:cool:

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012

Another

Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!

But you and your dad have Android phones, so you obviously are poor. ;) But maybe poor is a relative term to the OP? As in, compared to Bill Gates you are poor. :D

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Very nice crib mate! There is only one thing that my pad is missing and that is that indoor SS grill! The black granite counters, with stone tiling is a perfect match. Awesome. Me wants!
If you didn't use Android you could afford it! :D

Seriously though, the grill part is easy. The exhaust system, not so much. Don't ask me how I know. ;)

Michael

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

But you and your dad have Android phones, so you obviously are poor. ;) But maybe poor is a relative term to the OP? As in, compared to Bill Gates you are poor. :D

Actually he has an Android phone. I have an iPhone. I live in a condo a few states away from him. It goes without saying he has more money then me. Lol

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I think it's rather silly to call someone poor or dumb or smart based on their platform of choice.

That's as silly as people who think just because someone is with verizon as opposed to sprint that makes them ghetto or poor.

Tyler durden said it best!

KirkL

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
United States
What makes you think the OP is a troll?

Here's a WSJ article with interesting insights.

//Owners of other Apple devices had similar traits, with higher incomes than users of BlackBerrys or smartphones running on Google’s Android software, according to BIGinsight.

There’s evidence this higher income level translates into higher spending. Nearly half of retailers in a recent study by Forrester Research and Shop.org said users of tablets – who by a large majority are iPad owners – tend to place bigger online orders on average than users of laptops or desktops. Shoppers on Apple devices like iPhones also outspend shoppers using Android or Blackberry devices, according to IBM, which tracks data from retailers.

And while there are twice as many mobile gamers on Android devices in the U.S. as there are on iPhone and iPads, the amount spent by Apple gamers is five times higher than Android gamers, according to international gaming market research firm Newzoo.

In light of this, retailers have scrambled to roll out mobile apps geared toward iPhone and iPad users, often before rolling out their Android versions. And some are retooling their regular websites to make them work better with Apple devices, removing Flash video, which Apple’s mobile devices don’t support, and spacing out links for easier targeting with fingers.//

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/06...phic-is-so-important-to-orbitz-and-retailers/

Though I think it's BS to call this an "intellectual divide." It seems like a socioeconomic divide to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.