Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
So, my iPad 2has had the annoying ! on the settings tab for a few weeks now as it's desperate to upgrade me to iOS 6. The thing is my iPad works fine and the battery life is great - as far as I can tell if I allow this upgrade i'll probably end up halving my battery life from the scare stories I've heard.

Is this still the case? Just scaremongering or reality? If so is there any way to turn off the upgrade notification? :D

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
So, my iPad 2has had the annoying ! on the settings tab for a few weeks now as it's desperate to upgrade me to iOS 6. The thing is my iPad works fine and the battery life is great - as far as I can tell if I allow this upgrade i'll probably end up halving my battery life from the scare stories I've heard.

Is this still the case? Just scaremongering or reality? If so is there any way to turn off the upgrade notification? :D

Update to iOS 6.0.1

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
I only had problems with iOS6 until now. Safari crashes a lot (iPad3/4), the OS is less stable and I keep finding glitches and bugs here and there. If you are happy with 5.1, stick with it or at least wait for 6.1: it will be out soon, bringing back from 5.1 a decent iTunes match integration. It should also be more stable (one can only hope). I know the temptation to upgrade is strong, and I don't want to scare you, it may be good enough for you, but iOS6 HAS problems and doesn't offer anything great enough to take the risk

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I have plenty of Map problems as well as I can’t view my purchase history on any iOS 6 device. It crashes every time.

Edit: Oh yes, and the App store sucks as does the iTunes 11. The thing I hate most of 11 is there is no more check boxes for your apps.
It uses words now and it’s not as easy to distinguish the different states.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.