Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:31 AM   #51
Mousse
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoWolf View Post
Do you own one? If so what brand. I would also like to avoid questioning the morality of speeding (your not gonna convince a 19 year old American!)
Don't own one. Never needed one.

Anyhow, I know several people who do. Most of them have thrown them away. The reason being a lot of cops around my parts have some a special brand of hatred towards the things. Lots of times, they'll let speeders off with a warning if they ain't going too much over the limit (under 10mph over the limit). My buddy was about to get a warning when the cop noticed the radar detector. Out came the ticket book.

Now when I see a radar detector in a car, I immediately think: out of towner. It must be the cops mentality that they need to bring outside money in, instead of moving around the money that's already here.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion