Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichyB

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
Anyone tried the navtech smart magnetic cover from amazon, is it comparable to apples?

bludragon06

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Pittsburg California
Question: does anyone know if twelve south will be making a book book for the mini? Or any reputable companies making the book book style case for the mini? Any help would be appreciated!
-Dave

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Alternative Good quality case

I am now using Joy Factory Smart Suit Mini (Silver/white). I ordered STM Marquee (White) from Radtech since November 20th. Sadly, STM will not release this case until January 2013!! Since I already have protection, It is worth to wait for high quality product then.

btyProduct20.jpg

btyProduct17.jpg

btyProduct16.jpg

btyProduct19.jpg

btyProduct18.jpg

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
I ordered STM Marquee (White) from Radtech since November 20th. Sadly, STM will not release this case until January 2013!!

well that should give them time to retool molds and remove that superfluous hole below the mic opening. womp womp

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I personally think that most of these cases and "smart cover" wannabes are down right ugly.

I'm very happy with my Smart Cover. I think it's a sufficient amount of protection, and that anything more is overkill. I have a nice travel bag to transport my Mini, too. I'm all for clean, nice look and efficiency and the Smart Cover offers that.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Bought the Kavaj Berlin case, but I'm returning it. Case seems okay, but it's so tight I can't activate the power button without several attempts. When it finally depresses the button, it keeps it down and brings up the "slide to power off" screen.

Pity, felt quite nice otherwise.

alexus

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2006
I have black iPad mini w/ RED smart cover.

I'm looking for something that would play nicely w/ my smart cover and w/out adding bulk to iPad mini.

please advise, thanks!

lilmoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2012
For those who have The Joy Factory SmartSuit Mini case, does it magnetically stay in place for typing & viewing positions?

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I personally think that most of these cases and "smart cover" wannabes are down right ugly.

I'm very happy with my Smart Cover. I think it's a sufficient amount of protection, and that anything more is overkill. I have a nice travel bag to transport my Mini, too. I'm all for clean, nice look and efficiency and the Smart Cover offers that.

Well you are certainly welcome to your opinion, but my opinion is the Apple smart cover is a $40 rip off. It is poorly attached, it sags in the middle and the magnets are weak and don't hold it closed very well. I've tried a few of them thinking the one I had was just bad. No they are all crap!

Everyone has different needs and some want to protect the back and well as the front and some just the front. There is certainly a case for everyone.

Also the Apple smart case has really crappy viewing angles compared to other cases. Again my opinion, just like you gave yours!

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

And the smart cover is the ugliest of the bunch.

jimmyohio75

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Devicewear Ridge

This is my first post and I am also a proud IPad Mini owner. I just got a new case for it and I want to give my $.02 on it. I just got the Devicewear Ridge in Navy Blue and I love it!! I started out with a Speck Fit Folio but the snap closure was a bit suspect and I had my heart set on the auto on/off/sleep function that I thought the FitFolio had but does not.
I read a bunch of great reviews about the Devicewear case on Amazon.com and decided to go for it. I got this case last week and I think it is awesome. It is nice and slim and retains the slim profile even when the cover is folded back against itself. The on/off feature works like a charm and the quality of the case it very good. I love this case almost as much as I love the Ipad Mini itself.:D

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
I am now using Joy Factory Smart Suit Mini (Silver/white). I ordered STM Marquee (White) from Radtech since November 20th. Sadly, STM will not release this case until January 2013!! Since I already have protection, It is worth to wait for high quality product then.

This looks great.
Man, one week with the photive and its falling apart. The cardboard is starting to flop around, the joint feels like its gonna fall off.

This looks similar in design but well made. And... 70 dollars more.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I picked up the x-doria Dash Folio case. I also ordered a Nillkin back cover on eBay but it's going to take a while.

I only went with x-doria because I saw it on kijiji new for $30.

Lisa5892

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Hong Kong
PDN CASE has it's new arrivals for iPad Mini.

Personally I like this folio type made of PU leather and plastic. I think the purple color is great, and it's not too expensive. Just $39.
51L8lFU32UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41zCeD8A%2BsL._AA300_.jpg

Aug 5, 2012
I disagree. It's got a very simple yet legendary look.

I think its going a bit far to describe a case as 'legendary'.

Do you really believe that this case will live on in legend with various stories told about it?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.