Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisD7

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
London, UK
I think they might release the new Thunderbolt display when they release the Mac Pro, and that it will be retina. It makes more sense to put retina on the Mac Pro before the iMac, because they can cram in more graphics cards for those who want that. Also they can say it's truly pro etc.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
My order placed at 12:02am pst (right after they started taking orders) still says processing... :mad:

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
is the box smaller/shaped with an angle...maybe just the photo.

No your eyes are not playing tricks on you it is an trapezoid shape box. A little less weight to cut down on shipping weight costs and increase profit margins, which as a stockholder, I am all for! :apple:

Anyone who has a new 27" notice if the heat dissipation of the new design doesn't present any problems when in prolonged use??? thx.
/
/
/

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
This is the first iMac design I do not like, maybe because of the deception during the keynote about how thin it is. The back looks like a baby bump.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
So...
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini
and now
iMac Preggo... :D

If iMac is going to have a Mac mini, she must have hooked up with Mac Pro! :eek: Bazzinga! :rolleyes:

I think its more like a lovely lady lump?

But if you have access to change the RAM in the 27" iMac, would that be offensive, you know as Dems look at women and worry about their "Lady Parts"?!
/
/

seanwehrli

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
When did this people order!

Mine still says processing and I ordered mine the minute pre-orders became available.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Spends $2000 on a Mac but has $20 computer table.

Lol - priorities

Haha, true. I've seen this same thing on the HDTV forums. People are buying uber expensive large screen plasmas and LCD's and post pictures of it sitting on a tiny cheap table made for a Xbox system. Go figure. :)

SvK

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
San Diego
Great! Now how bout them new Thunderbolt Displays?

YES!

and please make sure they are exactly the same size as the iMacs themselves. Having two displays next to each other of different sizes / designs looks incredibly tacky in a pro video / audio / graphic studio.

best,
SvK

MacFoodPoisoner

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
I think they do that to show that it is a glossy display.

I think they do it to make it look shinny and stylish, the original reason why the stuck the glass there to begin with.

We have had to wait so long for apple to at least begin to deal with the glare issue they introduced and here they are almost touting glare on the box...

Some things simply don't click with apple these days...

CoolSpot

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
So funny to read all the butthurt comments about these. Congrats to the people that are getting them delivered, hope you enjoy them a lot. :p

my i5 3570k and GTX 670 hackintosh get here today

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.