Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hatcherca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Help! Help! Help!

I had over 50 notes including a schedule for upcoming events and notes concerning a real estate transaction and Christmas recipes. I was scanning my notes and suddenly the list of items changed from over 50 to 32. I've tried powering off with no luck. This has never happened before. How can I get them back?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I had the same thing happen to me recently, but in my case it was ZERO notes left. I ended up having to sync to get them back, but unfortunately I hadn’t synced in a few months so I lost a few notes. I’ve got no idea why this happened, since nothing else was affected.

Halcyon3608

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
This has happened to me too. Try going to your email account (I only have one, so if you have more than that you'll have to try each one) and looking at the list of folders that you use to organize your emails. There may be a new folder labeled "Notes" that your phone decided to create for unknown reasons. Your missing notes should be there, as separate "emails" with the title of your note as the subject line. I didn't trust my phone to not do this again, so I've stopped using the Notes app and have switched to using Google Docs. It's nice being able to edit things using my desktop and not just my phone.

FCthe Man

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2012
Notes went email folder.

Previous poster is correct in my case. Thanks!

Somehow all notes disappeared and went to a folder named notes in what was at the time the default email account. Weird. Undocumented feature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.