Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I think its going a bit far to describe a case as 'legendary'.

Do you really believe that this case will live on in legend with various stories told about it?!

I really do, Sippy.

The Smart Cover is going to go down in the record books. Mark my words, Sippy.

lilmoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2012
Anyone know a similar case like this? They've been out of stock for a while and I need a case to go with the iPad as a gift. I really need a case with supported stand/typing.

00-2-Black-MSFolio-iPadMini-Main-case-350.jpg

04-Black-MSFolio-iPadMini-Back-500.jpg

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2011
Anyone know a similar case like this? They've been out of stock for a while and I need a case to go with the iPad as a gift. I really need a case with supported stand/typing.

I have had a handful of mini cases and just ordered The Ridge by Devicewear, there's so much positive feedback on it, can't imagine it not being great: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A10D00Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I currently have a Joy Factory case which is great, but pricey and I'm also looking for a little more protection and better hold in the "keyboard" angle (which The Ridge seems to have).

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
Has anyone seen a case like this from Scosche?

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2676

I haven't found a case like this referenced in this thread. I got the black leather version, and I discovered it does not support the iPad's Auto Lock/Unlock. So I'm looking for others like it with the smart cover feature. I really like the way this case folds, as opposed to the other cases here.

Thanks.

Lisa5892

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Hong Kong

Lisa5892

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Hong Kong
Has anyone seen a case like this from Scosche?

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2676

I haven't found a case like this referenced in this thread. I got the black leather version, and I discovered it does not support the iPad's Auto Lock/Unlock. So I'm looking for others like it with the smart cover feature. I really like the way this case folds, as opposed to the other cases here.

Thanks.

I've seen many cases can be folded like this, even can be folded according to your creation. You can have a look below, are you fond of any of these?

1_副本.jpg

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Picked up a clear back from bestbuy made by rocketfish. $19.99. I use it with the smartcover.

Provides decent enough protection if you have it in your hand and bump it into something. I carry line around all day so this is what I was looking for. It doesn't add hardly any bulk and can be easily removed. I didn't see it on best buys website so I don't have a link. I can post pics if anyone's interested in seeing it.

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Include prices

If everyone could include prices in their posts/reviews, it would be really helpful. I'm looking for the less expensive cases before trying the "premier" cases.

Thanks!

jimmyohio75

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Akron, Ohio
I also ordered The Ridge for the same reasons. Fingers crossed--it arrives next week from eBags.

You won't be disappointed. I just got the Ridge last week and it's awesome!! It has perfected on all the other attempts to make an ultra slim folio case. Might be the best $27 I ever spent. :D

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
You won't be disappointed. I just got the Ridge last week and it's awesome!! It has perfected on all the other attempts to make an ultra slim folio case. Might be the best $27 I ever spent. :D

http://www.theipadfan.com/review-spigen-sgp-diary-series-leather-ipad-case/

I have been looking into the leather case for the new ipad, and this one seems to lack the sleep/awake cycle but overall top notch according to the review i read today. Kind of pricey, but it does all it could offer for an ipad case.

Caromsoft

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
I just received and installed two Ridge cases, one for the mini and one for an iPad 2. I wasn't quite sure I got the 2 case on all the way, but I dangled it from the front cover a couple inches over a bed and shook it a bit...didn't fall out so I guess I'm good. The mini on the other hand installed with a satisfying "click". The Ridge replaces a Cygnett folio case on the 2, and it is about a 1/4 inch thinner, takes off a 1/2 inch of length and a 1/4 width. Makes the 2 much more svelte. Looks to be very nice protection without adding much weight or bulk!

Lisa5892

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Hong Kong
PDN CASE iPad Mini Bi-colour with Square Pattern PU Leather Follio Case with Built-in

folio style case conceived in premium PU leather, magnetic snap closure system, with bi-colour with square pattern.
Specially designed built in stand for multiple angels for viewing movies, videos, photos and typing.:cool:

mini.jpg

Orange/Yellow
http://www.amazon.com/PDN-CASE-Bi-c...RXFCLZBPIETA&qid=1355812985&s=generic&sr=1-19

Grenn/Brown
http://www.amazon.com/PDN-CASE-Bi-c...RXFCLZBPIETA&qid=1355812985&s=generic&sr=1-21

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
Don't get the 6-8 dollar case. Mine is wrapping already and I've asked for a refund. It was made by mini suite. Next one will be a Snugg case. They win.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
So true. But you know ,, my rational was I also wanted to be sure it would fit. Remember everyone buying cases before we even knew the specks. Now I feel safe getting one

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
I am looking for a combo case/bluetooth keyboard. There are a few available, but I'm wondering if there's a decent one that is cheaper than the $80 Belkin wants. Thanks!

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I am looking for a combo case/bluetooth keyboard. There are a few available, but I'm wondering if there's a decent one that is cheaper than the $80 Belkin wants. Thanks!

Wow, that looks sweet. I was wondering who was going to come out with one. I'll have to read more and see how you use it without the keyboard.

mjonesgraphics

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
I have had a handful of mini cases and just ordered The Ridge by Devicewear, there's so much positive feedback on it, can't imagine it not being great: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A10D00Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I'm also looking for a little more protection

Be careful, the Ridge, although a great case in many respects, among the best in my opinion, does NOT PROTECT your iPad corners. Does a great job of protecting every other part, and works great in enhancing the handling of the mini, but after a few weeks of the case and one minor fall of less than one foot I have dinged and scrapped ipad corners, and damaged glass. The magnet is not that strong and the flap easily looses connection after a few weeks. Wonderful design for handling the mini. Feels great, and generally a niece bit of kit. But it's not a case for offering great protection out in the world.

In my opinion it's an 'inside case' not an 'outside' one.

Wish apple made more robust stuff. It's all beautiful, but almost ephemeral. My 2 year old Nook Color looks in better shape than my 2 week old iPad mini.

Same goes for all my Apple products, and I've owned a few. Next time will buy a used pre dinged idevice. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.