Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chschn87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hi All,

I just purchased a 2011 refurbished Macbook Air from Apple. The computer is 13" 4gb / 128 gb and is eligible for the Mountain Lion up-to-date program. Before I update, I wanted to make sure it's worth it and will not slow my computer down as it is an older model. Any reason's why I should NOT update to Mountain Lion from Lion?

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Hi All,

I just purchased a 2011 refurbished Macbook Air from Apple. The computer is 13" 4gb / 128 gb and is eligible for the Mountain Lion up-to-date program. Before I update, I wanted to make sure it's worth it and will not slow my computer down as it is an older model. Any reason's why I should NOT update to Mountain Lion from Lion?

I have same machine and just did the upgrade, easy, quick, and no bugs yet, other than MS Office 2011 seems a little slower at times, but the rest is 99.99% better, just MS Office is a bug.

Bigredhawkeye

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
I just did the same thing after buying a used 2011 MBA. Definitely recommend upgrading to OSX 10.8. Much more refined than Lion IMO and I enjoy a lot of the little things included like Notifications, Reminders, etc.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Hi All,

I just bought mine like 5 days ago and it already had Mountain Lion? Oh mine was 2012. I see the difference now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.