Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Incase Snap case in clear

I have a few knockoff clear frost cases from eBay coming this week so prob going to return this. Great case that shows off the white iP5 lovely.

Attachments

• DSC_0984.JPG
    DSC_0984.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0999.JPG
    DSC_0999.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_1001.JPG
    DSC_1001.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_1002.JPG
    DSC_1002.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 144

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? $350+ for a leather sleeve? I'd spend maybe a tenth of that.

Even if one thinks it's ridiculous and won't now spend it does not give one the right to question some who can and spent that amount.

IMHO People are to judgmental, and seem to have to much issue with people who can afford buy certain things.

Funny thing is they often don't realise if they had the money they would NEVER or most often than not question cost.

BTW I can't afford the case but if he/she can. Who am I to have a gripe?!!

Foxy

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Funny thing is they often don't realise if they had the money they would NEVER or most often than not question cost.

That's where you're wrong. If I had the money to afford that, I still wouldn't spend it. It's ridiculous.

If you don't want to read criticism and/or judgement, the internet is NOT the place for you. That's ok, there are plenty of people who don't belong on the internet.

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
That's where you're wrong. If I had the money to afford that, I still wouldn't spend it. It's ridiculous.

Ridiculous by whose standard? You? People can do whatever they want with the money.

If you don't want to read criticism and/or judgement, the internet is NOT the place for you. That's ok, there are plenty of people who don't belong on the internet.

ROFL Pot meet Kettle. You're the one who can't handle being told to not judge people on the way they spend their hard earn money.

Yep, apparently you can't take the heat to stay out of the kitchen.:D

Foxy

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Looks good. What are your thoughts on the Lucky Labs back?

the "brushed metal" color they have is a bit glittery and doesn't really match the silver sector 5. the carbon fiber back is very nice. If I were to get another shot I would probably just get the back all carbon fiber black with the logo a matching color of the wrap around the edges. I wouldn't bother doing the duotone with a different top and bottom. In terms of the quality I wouldnt say they are anything special other then just appropriately cut stickers. The carbon fiber selection is slightly thicker so it would provide slightly more protection from regular use.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Got the whole thing from Element. 40%off coupon made it worthwhile.

The backplate is available separately. It is pretty damn awesome. Very very grippy, the machining is crisp and the diamond pattern is almost sharp. Exactly like a set of custom 1911 grips. Makes it very nice and secure to hold in the hand.

The "gold" endcap is a pretty good match for the regular blackops amber, and I think it sets it off better than the standard monochrome vapor comp blackops model.

I went to Element's site but the only backplate I could find for the iPhone 5 was the carbon fiber one. Can you provide a link, or directions to its location?

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Just got this in

Draco 5 with PS anti-glare

AT&T Reception has dropped about 1 to 2 bars wifi seems unchanged but only been using a few hours

look is amazing feel is a little odd but I think I just need more time with it

I do have the same DRACOdesign but in flare red...my reception dropped down by 1-2 bars and look like I have more 4G then LTE...now is on eBay:mad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160935288641?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
I went to Element's site but the only backplate I could find for the iPhone 5 was the carbon fiber one. Can you provide a link, or directions to its location?

The 1911 backplate pictured is on an iPhone4 and is available separately. Once they catch up with demand, they'll probably offer the BlackOps backplate for the iPhone5 as well.

The good news is that G10 doesn't have the electrical properties of Carbon, so so it doesn't appear to be affecting the signal at all.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
do you use a lightning to 30 pin adapter at all with this case? looks like it could an issue

I have not personally tried it, but another MacRumors member has a review of this case and mentions only the standard cable fits:

http://techmusings.me/169513935

This doesn't stop you from filing down the adapter's head in order for the cable to fit in through. That's what I plan on doing if I ever purchase it.

cuti

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2010
Square case bumper I ordered from Amazon. It costs 2.80/each free shipping from Hong Kong. Placed order on 12/3 and received them 12/11.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 176
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156

cuti

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2010
The price of $2.80/each is super cheap, I love both price and the quality.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 179
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 151
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 124
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.