Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Drask
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
rMBP chrome switching to dedicated GPU

Hello there,

Since someone posted about how to fix the lag in safari with WebKit chrome has been forcing the dedicated GPU every time I go on facebook, youtube or any heavy image site. (Not sure they are related, I'm only guessing because it was after that, and never before)

I have gfxCardstatus and It won't let me go on "integrated only" while "chrome helper" is running. Once I go to google.com (or any non image site) it switches automatically to integrated again.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks
Drask is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:45 AM   #2
lightz39
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Its to be expected when you are trying to load a ton of things on a beautiful display with a crappy integrated card. Not much of a solution really. Either deal with the lag and use the integrated or live with the real graphics card running.
lightz39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Drask
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightz39 View Post
Its to be expected when you are trying to load a ton of things on a beautiful display with a crappy integrated card. Not much of a solution really. Either deal with the lag and use the integrated or live with the real graphics card running.
There was no lag, it all suddenly happened. The integrated is capable of showing websites. Safari doesn't trigger the dedicated at all.
Drask is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:03 PM   #4
lightz39
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drask View Post
There was no lag, it all suddenly happened. The integrated is capable of showing websites. Safari doesn't trigger the dedicated at all.
Safari was updated with a fix, chrome wasn't. Chrome needs to better card for the performance.
lightz39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:14 PM   #5
Drask
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightz39 View Post
Safari was updated with a fix, chrome wasn't. Chrome needs to better card for the performance.
Pleas read the whole 3 sentences, I clearly said this didn't not happen before running the WebKit some days ago (Have been using it for 5 months).
Drask is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC