Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:25 PM   #51
MattA
macrumors 6502

I bought BG last week, and it's just as I remembered it. It works perfectly on the iPad 2. The cool thing is it's ultraportable now. You can actually play it anytime, anywhere.
Many iPods + iPhone 5S + iPad2
MattA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:42 PM   #52
blesscheese
macrumors 6502

I never would have guessed...

So, there I was all set to buy BG EE for my iPad...but I'm not upgrading yet to iOS 6, so I can't get it (yet)...

And it still isn't available for the Mac yet? I don't see it on the App Store?

But it doesn't matter I guess...Planescape: Torment was on sale yesterday on GOG, so I bought that, and I'm playing it on my MBA via Wineskin. And so far, I'm lovin' it!

Who would have thought?
blesscheese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:50 PM   #53
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesscheese View Post
So, there I was all set to buy BG EE for my iPad...but I'm not upgrading yet to iOS 6, so I can't get it (yet)...
Eh, Siri is pretty fun to play with, and Dotemu just released the Raiden series in the app store. Jailbreaking's fun, but I'm coming around to the opinion that it's not 100% necessary to do to get the most out of your iPad.

...more like 65%, I'd say.

Quote:
And it still isn't available for the Mac yet? I don't see it on the App Store?

But it doesn't matter I guess...Planescape: Torment was on sale yesterday on GOG, so I bought that, and I'm playing it on my MBA via Wineskin. And so far, I'm lovin' it!

Who would have thought?
The one major reason why I'm buying them for the iPad (besides having it on a portable device I can touchscreen my way through) is that that I'm throwing in my buck, hoping it gets enough support to show developers that the platform is perfectly capable of handing complex games of BGs caliber.

It's the major reason why I got it. I already own all the Infinity Engine games besides Icewind Dale 2 through GOG these days. It's why I also suggest you do the same when you get the chance.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:16 PM   #54
Nova Sensei
macrumors 6502

I tried to purchase BG on my iPad, but only have 2.5gb free. The game takes 1.7gb, but i guess the installer is much larger?
Nova Sensei is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:37 AM   #55
Cougarcat
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Sensei View Post
I tried to purchase BG on my iPad, but only have 2.5gb free. The game takes 1.7gb, but i guess the installer is much larger?
The installer needs space to expand. You can get around this by installing from your computer.
Cougarcat is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:05 AM   #56
Nova Sensei
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarcat View Post
The installer needs space to expand. You can get around this by installing from your computer.
Thanks Cougar, really appreciate that.
Nova Sensei is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:36 AM   #57
ultra7k
macrumors regular

So it look like the Mac version was rejected from the App store, guess we'll have to wait for the new year.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games