Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1
briegull
macrumors newbie

Use Gmail, not MAC mail

I have used gmail ON THE WEB since 2005, bought extra storage from google, and have several gigs used there. I have never used Mail on my mac but lately it's been popping up and sending messages to me.

I see no reason why I should have duplicates of all this mail on my mac, yet when I used Grand Perspective just now, it shows that about a quarter of my storage is taken up with the mail in the hidden library folder in my user account. I assume I can get rid of it, but would there be problems? This apparently started with Mountain Lion and/or icloud (I have an ipad and iphone).

Would there be problems? I tried to delete the Mail app, but without success, I'm told it is needed for Mountain Lion. What IS safe to delete?
briegull is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:38 AM   #2
hpucker99
macrumors newbie

Making Gmail the default mail program

This link may be of use.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/02/09/gmail...irefox-safari/
hpucker99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store