Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluefishJD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Hi all upon searching sites/forums/blogs I still can't manage to setup my recently purchased wireless IP Camera - the camera did come with a CD but it is PC based (typical) and unlike many other products this just does not seem to plug and play.
The camera in question is a Wansview NCH532MW wireless IP Outdoor camera. I have followed a number of "Step-by-Steps" but it just doesn't seem to work - I know it is me that is messing up by leaving something out but I was just wondering does anyone have a step by step guide to set up an IP Wireless Camera with an iMac including the porting and so on - the camera does come with its own DDNS which is on the back of the camera so does it already have an IP or am I suppose to assign a new IP? I have downloaded IP Scanner Home App which I think is finding the camera (also my iPhone/router/imac) but when I try that IP (unidentified device) in my browser it comes up as error page - I do get to a point but don't want to go any further especially with the IP's, router, my machines current network etc in case I mess it up altogether.

I would appreciate it if anybody could shed any light on this and even better if someone has setup an Outdoor Wireless IP camera and can give me the details blow by blow on how to get this working.

Many thanks in advance - A very frustrated novice camera installer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.