Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
2zj9vgy.jpg

Spanish police arrested a Panamanian woman on Wednesday who landed in Barcelona from Bogota, Colombia with cocaine stuffed inside her breast implants.

The woman was taken to the police at Barcelona's El Prat airport after her vague answers to questions about the reasons for her trip from Bogota raised suspicion at the border control, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

Spanish authorities carry out rigorous checks of passengers arriving on so-called "hot flights" from Latin America, to fight drug smuggling.

When border police discovered fresh scars and blood-stained gauze on the woman's chest she was taken to a nearby hospital to check her claim that she had recently undergone breast implant surgery.

The implants were found to carry 1.38 kg of cocaine.
reuters

Not exactly smuggling raisins...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yes, I have read that in the Guardian this evening. And yes. Ouch.

Maybe the thread title could be amended to read "woman smuggles cocaine in breast implants"? Mind you, either way it is something rather........unpleasant to mull over.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Ouch. At least they didn't burst!

Actually one of them leaked, and she was taken to a hospital.

Ow! How could that possibly be worth it?

Assuming it's pure, and that one 25% pure gram of cocaine can be sold for 50€, you do the math. Besides, drug smugglers are not known for their respect for human life, so as far as we know, that woman could have been coerced into doing that.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Assuming it's pure, and that one 25% pure gram of cocaine can be sold for 50€, you do the math. Besides, drug smugglers are not known for their respect for human life, so as far as we know, that woman could have been coerced into doing that.

Oh! She is lucky then. Nothing like having a lethal dose of cocaine wrapped up in a balloon in your body and having it leaking. Doh!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

I hadn't realised that one of them leaked - how awful - until you mentioned it. And, of course, there could well have been the element of coercion - something that sources I read failed to mention as a possibility.

They could get more in an "third-trimester" womb-implant.

Or even a tushy-implant(2).

:rolleyes:

Nicely phrased.

Oh! She is lucky then. Nothing like having a lethal dose of cocaine wrapped up in a balloon in your body and having it leaking. Doh!

Awful. Just awful.

DDisgusting.

;) Okay, full marks. Very good.

Nah, this is as safe as Mother's milk.

Touché. ;)

Well played my friend... :D

I fixed that for you... ;)

Thank you. And fair comment.....;)

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
Didn't Ali G prefigure this?

Reminds me of a classic interview between Ali G and former US Surgeon General C. Everett Koop. Highlights below:

"But why can't we use technology and let's say take out some of the..boring organs and stick in like a CD player and like wicked speakers…you're like booming out…it's like walking sound system...Well what about sticking a mobile phone in there, surely there's room in there for that."

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ab7a8cd25/ali-g-with-c-everett-koop-from-aligshow_fan

Last edited:

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I can actually live with the fact that there are people stupid enough to do this. I know sometimes it's out of desperation and all they want is a chance of a better life that they'll otherwise never attain where they come from. I totally get it. What I think is horrific is when animals are used for this type of thing. They're defenseless creatures who have no say so and that really pisses me off. I hear the sad stories all the time, of how these drug traffickers cut open dogs and stuff them with heroin and cocaine. Those people deserve to be thrown into a prison cell and let them rot for life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.