Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:37 PM   #26
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mac Maniac View Post
In this posters defense... I'm sure he just meant who cares here on MacRumors. Because we are all english speaking, therefore most of us live in english speaking countries. this is important for apple, and important for the many people that live in those countries, but you and I as individuals it doesn't really affect. I would think that out of all active MR posters MAYBE 1% are from any of those 42 countries.
1. I think you are wrong about the 1% ...Dont have any data to backup of how many, but people outside of the US learn foreign languages and most learn english and the US news sites are big resource of info even for people not living in the US. (I know tons of people outside the US that read macrumors)

2. Even people in the US should care about the success of an American company and how it is spreading around the world making money

3. Can't people just be happy for others to enjoy what they already enjoyed for years? Don't be too occupied with your own problems. I am always happy to hear about the success of a company, even if it does not effect me directly.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:40 PM   #27
Mad Man
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiMediaWill View Post
Honestly, who cares? 99% of us are from US, UK, or AUS.
Just because nobody cares about you does not mean that people in general don't care about other people.
Mad Man is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:13 PM   #28
jacodb
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiMediaWill View Post
Honestly, who cares? 99% of us are from US, UK, or AUS.
I care. I'm from South Africa, we got the music store last week and the movie store today (with very limited content). We had no legal way of buying movies and very crappy music stores like Nokia's Ovi store which doesn't work on Apple devices. So the stores launching locally is a very big Christmas present to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zin View Post
How many people can seriously afford iTunes movies in most of the places mentioned?

Take Zimbabwe, for instance; the poverty rate there is 80% relative. Probably 99% in practicality.
We'll President Mugabe and the thugs in his government. Now at least they don't have to tax their poor countrymen further to death to go to Hong Kong to go and stock up on DVDs or Blue Rays to keep them occupied.
jacodb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:33 PM   #29
bketchum
macrumors regular

I wonder what impact these additions will have on iTunes Store revenue?
bketchum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:53 PM   #30
curaça0
macrumors newbie

Where is Curaçao

Botswana? Check! Moldova? Check! Niger? Check! Curacao?… Curacao?… Hello!! HELLO!!
curaça0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:33 PM   #31
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

It's great for some people in a few of those countries, but overall, one wonders how much content they'll sell in some of these impoverished countries. No offence intended, but sadly, food and shelter has got to be a higher priority for many people in a few of these places, where technology only barely exists in the urban areas.
macs4nw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:04 PM   #32
kimlo
macrumors member

Yay Lebanon
kimlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:11 PM   #33
iLoveiTunes
macrumors regular

Quote:
In this posters defense... I'm sure he just meant who cares here on MacRumors. Because we are all english speaking, therefore most of us live in english speaking countries. this is important for apple, and important for the many people that live in those countries, but you and I as individuals it doesn't really affect. I would think that out of all active MR posters MAYBE 1% are from any of those 42 countries.
Wow !! You just beat the other guy in dumbness quotient . hats off
iLoveiTunes is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:30 PM   #34
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
The MPAA and other related groups must be crying that they had to make these deals. So many people can have access to see their product, now.
Nope. Because they didn't. If the copyright holders don't want a movie or show available they can not be forced to do so. Many of these countries are likely just their locally produced movies at this point with older titles from the US etc. Not the latest titles
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:50 AM   #35
SpiderDude
macrumors member

Not necessarily

Quote:
In this posters defense... I'm sure he just meant who cares here on MacRumors. Because we are all English speaking, therefore most of us live in English speaking countries. this is important for apple, and important for the many people that live in those countries, but you and I as individuals it doesn't really affect. I would think that out of all active MR posters MAYBE 1% are from any of those 42 countries.
I speak and understand English, but I live in Portugal, where English is not the main language and I do enjoy watching movies with other people and don't like to act as self centered prick telling people "What's the problem with English subs?"

So yeah, I'm the 0.1 percent. ahah
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:13 AM   #36
Catapum
macrumors newbie

Subtitles

What about subtitles option for no Anglo-Saxon countries?
Catapum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:05 AM   #37
Radoo
macrumors member

No Movies Store in Romania. I hate this country...

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion