Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:33 AM   #51
santatracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynd View Post
Avail. 2-3 weeks, Dec. 24th - Jan. 2 via expedited.
If Apple does expedite your order (just as they are doing for all iMac orders across the globe for free), you should be getting it sooner by a few days. Hopefully you should get it by end of next week. Good Luck!
santatracker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:41 AM   #52
JSchwartz15
macrumors regular

Those of you with standard UPS shipping to Toronto, what kind of travel pattern has your iMac taken?
JSchwartz15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:49 AM   #53
iohass
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwartz15 View Post
Those of you with standard UPS shipping to Toronto, what kind of travel pattern has your iMac taken?
mine is a 21" that was shipped by FedEx but it's as follows: RANCHO CORDOVA, CA --> ELK GROVE, CA --> MEMPHIS, TN --> MISSISSAUGA, ON

i'm in Vaughan, so wondering what the next location is..
iohass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:55 AM   #54
jordiemac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by santatracker View Post
thats awesome. when did you place your order?
The 30th at 7:16 (PST)
jordiemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:18 PM   #55
wayne905
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iohass View Post
mine is a 21" that was shipped by FedEx but it's as follows: RANCHO CORDOVA, CA --> ELK GROVE, CA --> MEMPHIS, TN --> MISSISSAUGA, ON

i'm in Vaughan, so wondering what the next location is..
I'm in Vaughan too...your next location should be your home. I believe our Vaughan deliveries ship out of the Mississauga hub.
wayne905 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:21 PM   #56
KJX
macrumors newbie

5:30 Am Calgary time. Message from Apple my iMac is shipping via Fedex. Fedex says it will arrive by noon monday the 17th!

I guess on Sunday I will have to clean off the desk for it!
KJX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:21 PM   #57
iohass
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne905 View Post
I'm in Vaughan too...your next location should be your home. I believe our Vaughan deliveries ship out of the Mississauga hub.
awesome! the fedex site says that it's on the vehicle for delivery, but not that it's out for delivery.

i just know that UPS has a plant in Concord (jane & steeles) and items usually go there first, so I thought FedEx might have a similar one closer.

but if not, I'm wondering if I can get the mac today even though it has dec 14 as expected delivery!
iohass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM   #58
NauticalDan
macrumors newbie

I ordered at 12:08am on Nov 30. No hold on credit card, no charge to credit card. And still processing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	383339  
NauticalDan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:00 PM   #59
santatracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauticalDan View Post
I ordered at 12:08am on Nov 30. No hold on credit card, no charge to credit card. And still processing.
Thats strange. I ordered mine on 10-DEC, and they put a hold on my card within minutes of me placing the order. They actually overcharged my card by a 2-digit amount, saying its for authorization purposes.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:52 PM   #60
NauticalDan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Thats strange. I ordered mine on 10-DEC, and they put a hold on my card within minutes of me placing the order. They actually overcharged my card by a 2-digit amount, saying its for authorization purposes.
Ya, I thought that was strange. Any other time I've ordered anything from Apple a hold goes on right away. But I know it's not a problem with the card, because if they can't charge it they send you a message or report an error or cancel the order or something like that. But looks like they haven't even tried.
NauticalDan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:17 PM   #61
Sailormannn
macrumors newbie

Called today and managed to convince them to add expedited shipping for free. Delivery now showing Dec 21st-31st vs Dec 27 - Jan 4th. Still showing as "Processing" though ... Ordered at 830am EST on Nov 30th ... It's a loaded 27".
Sailormannn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:19 PM   #62
santatracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iohass View Post
awesome! the fedex site says that it's on the vehicle for delivery, but not that it's out for delivery.

i just know that UPS has a plant in Concord (jane & steeles) and items usually go there first, so I thought FedEx might have a similar one closer.

but if not, I'm wondering if I can get the mac today even though it has dec 14 as expected delivery!
did you get the iMac today?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:38 PM   #63
coolguy111
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwartz15 View Post
Mine went through Shanghai on the 11th, Anchorage late on the 11th (time zone change) and Louisville early on the 12th. I haven't seen it move since, and based on what some are saying in the general thread, for those of us with UPS, it could be delivered by non-UPS branded contract carriers, which would be the reason for the lack of updates.
coolguy111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:51 PM   #64
CoreyLahey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy111 View Post
Mine went through Shanghai on the 11th, Anchorage late on the 11th (time zone change) and Louisville early on the 12th. I haven't seen it move since, and based on what some are saying in the general thread, for those of us with UPS, it could be delivered by non-UPS branded contract carriers, which would be the reason for the lack of updates.
Give their hotline a call, make sure it's the international department, their tracking information isn't up to date as you noted. They've been very friendly and helpful so far.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 PM   #65
aprofetto8
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyLahey View Post
Give their hotline a call, make sure it's the international department, their tracking information isn't up to date as you noted. They've been very friendly and helpful so far.
Exactly, mine has been showing Anchorage for the last day. When I called, the lady said the guaranteed date is the 14th, not the 17th that is showing online.
aprofetto8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:35 PM   #66
CoreyLahey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprofetto8 View Post
Exactly, mine has been showing Anchorage for the last day. When I called, the lady said the guaranteed date is the 14th, not the 17th that is showing online.
Yeah, they told me the same, I hope all of us who got it shipped on the 10th with UPS will get it tomorrow.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:42 PM   #67
chrismarle
macrumors 6502

I've got mine, by the way.

It's a stunning machine and a real performance powerhouse.
chrismarle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:02 PM   #68
santatracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjac0m View Post
I've got mine, by the way.

It's a stunning machine and a real performance powerhouse.
Congratulations! I am happy for you. Can you post some pics if you can? Also, where do most notice better performance? Also, can you tell me your configuration of the iMac?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:24 PM   #69
Gromruk
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

I got mine this morning. Fully loaded 27" and it's a beaut. I wouldn't change anything. Trying a couple games (WoW / Diablo 3) it's sure nice to max out all the settings and not have any lag whatsoever.
Gromruk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 PM   #70
chrismarle
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Congratulations! I am happy for you. Can you post some pics if you can? Also, where do most notice better performance? Also, can you tell me your configuration of the iMac?
Configuration:

Intel Core i7 @3.4Ghz
16Gb RAM 1600Mhz
3Tb Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GTX 680MX

Since it's my first Mac ever, I can't compare it with the previous generation. How ever, I can tell you that it screams. It's a really powerful computer and just to let you know, it scores over 14200 in Geekbench which is phenomenal and it out performs a 8-cores mid 2010 Mac Pro.

I actually don't have much time to take picture of it but here's one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1549.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	383481  
chrismarle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:58 PM   #71
santatracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjac0m View Post
Configuration:

Intel Core i7 @3.4Ghz
16Gb RAM 1600Mhz
3Tb Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GTX 680MX

Since it's my first Mac ever, I can't compare it with the previous generation. How ever, I can tell you that it screams. It's a really powerful computer and just to let you know, it scores over 14200 in Geekbench which is phenomenal and it out performs a 8-cores mid 2010 Mac Pro.

I actually don't have much time to take picture of it but here's one.
Thank you so much for the pic. I appreciate that.

Congratulations once again! I have been using a MacBook since late 2008. But this will be my first iMac. Your configuration looks very powerful. Good luck and enjoy the new iMac.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromruk View Post
I got mine this morning. Fully loaded 27" and it's a beaut. I wouldn't change anything. Trying a couple games (WoW / Diablo 3) it's sure nice to max out all the settings and not have any lag whatsoever.
Congratulations! That's great news. I wish I had ordered mine on the 30th. For some reason I waited till the 10th (Dec) to order. Well, everything happens for a reason I guess.

How do you find the performance in general - browsing the web, emails, other basic activities?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:04 AM   #72
Gromruk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Congratulations! That's great news. I wish I had ordered mine on the 30th. For some reason I waited till the 10th (Dec) to order. Well, everything happens for a reason I guess.

How do you find the performance in general - browsing the web, emails, other basic activities?
I have no complaints. Still too early to really tell the difference in those activities compared to my 2011 MBA.

Gaming is nuts though. In Warcraft on my MBA I'd run on the lowest settings and the temp would be 95 degrees. On the iMac it's Ultra settings and currently 56 degrees. A huge difference.
Gromruk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:32 AM   #73
santatracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromruk View Post
I have no complaints. Still too early to really tell the difference in those activities compared to my 2011 MBA.

Gaming is nuts though. In Warcraft on my MBA I'd run on the lowest settings and the temp would be 95 degrees. On the iMac it's Ultra settings and currently 56 degrees. A huge difference.
That certainly is a huge difference! I'm glad. I cant wait to get my iMac.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:46 AM   #74
Fynd
macrumors regular

Quote:
If Apple does expedite your order (just as they are doing for all iMac orders across the globe for free), you should be getting it sooner by a few days. Hopefully you should get it by end of next week. Good Luck!
As of this morning: Preparing for shipment
Apple TV 3
Fynd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:49 AM   #75
obsoletepower
macrumors regular

Woke up to "Preparing for Shipment"......finally! Ordered at about 5:15 AM EST on Nov. 30.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac