Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Avail. 2-3 weeks, Dec. 24th - Jan. 2 via expedited.

If Apple does expedite your order (just as they are doing for all iMac orders across the globe for free), you should be getting it sooner by a few days. Hopefully you should get it by end of next week. Good Luck!

JSchwartz15

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Those of you with standard UPS shipping to Toronto, what kind of travel pattern has your iMac taken?

iohass

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
Those of you with standard UPS shipping to Toronto, what kind of travel pattern has your iMac taken?

mine is a 21" that was shipped by FedEx but it's as follows: RANCHO CORDOVA, CA --> ELK GROVE, CA --> MEMPHIS, TN --> MISSISSAUGA, ON

i'm in Vaughan, so wondering what the next location is..

wayne905

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Maple, Ontario, Canada
mine is a 21" that was shipped by FedEx but it's as follows: RANCHO CORDOVA, CA --> ELK GROVE, CA --> MEMPHIS, TN --> MISSISSAUGA, ON

i'm in Vaughan, so wondering what the next location is..

I'm in Vaughan too...your next location should be your home. I believe our Vaughan deliveries ship out of the Mississauga hub.

KJX

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2007
5:30 Am Calgary time. Message from Apple my iMac is shipping via Fedex. Fedex says it will arrive by noon monday the 17th!

I guess on Sunday I will have to clean off the desk for it!

iohass

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
I'm in Vaughan too...your next location should be your home. I believe our Vaughan deliveries ship out of the Mississauga hub.

awesome! the fedex site says that it's on the vehicle for delivery, but not that it's out for delivery.

i just know that UPS has a plant in Concord (jane & steeles) and items usually go there first, so I thought FedEx might have a similar one closer.

but if not, I'm wondering if I can get the mac today even though it has dec 14 as expected delivery!

NauticalDan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I ordered at 12:08am on Nov 30. No hold on credit card, no charge to credit card. And still processing.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 64

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
I ordered at 12:08am on Nov 30. No hold on credit card, no charge to credit card. And still processing.

Thats strange. I ordered mine on 10-DEC, and they put a hold on my card within minutes of me placing the order. They actually overcharged my card by a 2-digit amount, saying its for authorization purposes.

NauticalDan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Thats strange. I ordered mine on 10-DEC, and they put a hold on my card within minutes of me placing the order. They actually overcharged my card by a 2-digit amount, saying its for authorization purposes.

Ya, I thought that was strange. Any other time I've ordered anything from Apple a hold goes on right away. But I know it's not a problem with the card, because if they can't charge it they send you a message or report an error or cancel the order or something like that. But looks like they haven't even tried.

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Called today and managed to convince them to add expedited shipping for free. Delivery now showing Dec 21st-31st vs Dec 27 - Jan 4th. Still showing as "Processing" though ... Ordered at 830am EST on Nov 30th ... It's a loaded 27".:)

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
awesome! the fedex site says that it's on the vehicle for delivery, but not that it's out for delivery.

i just know that UPS has a plant in Concord (jane & steeles) and items usually go there first, so I thought FedEx might have a similar one closer.

but if not, I'm wondering if I can get the mac today even though it has dec 14 as expected delivery!

did you get the iMac today?

coolguy111

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Mine went through Shanghai on the 11th, Anchorage late on the 11th (time zone change) and Louisville early on the 12th. I haven't seen it move since, and based on what some are saying in the general thread, for those of us with UPS, it could be delivered by non-UPS branded contract carriers, which would be the reason for the lack of updates.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Mine went through Shanghai on the 11th, Anchorage late on the 11th (time zone change) and Louisville early on the 12th. I haven't seen it move since, and based on what some are saying in the general thread, for those of us with UPS, it could be delivered by non-UPS branded contract carriers, which would be the reason for the lack of updates.

Give their hotline a call, make sure it's the international department, their tracking information isn't up to date as you noted. They've been very friendly and helpful so far.

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Give their hotline a call, make sure it's the international department, their tracking information isn't up to date as you noted. They've been very friendly and helpful so far.

Exactly, mine has been showing Anchorage for the last day. When I called, the lady said the guaranteed date is the 14th, not the 17th that is showing online.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Exactly, mine has been showing Anchorage for the last day. When I called, the lady said the guaranteed date is the 14th, not the 17th that is showing online.

Yeah, they told me the same, I hope all of us who got it shipped on the 10th with UPS will get it tomorrow.

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
I've got mine, by the way.

It's a stunning machine and a real performance powerhouse.

Congratulations! I am happy for you. Can you post some pics if you can? Also, where do most notice better performance? Also, can you tell me your configuration of the iMac?

Gromruk

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
I got mine this morning. Fully loaded 27" and it's a beaut. I wouldn't change anything. Trying a couple games (WoW / Diablo 3) it's sure nice to max out all the settings and not have any lag whatsoever.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Congratulations! I am happy for you. Can you post some pics if you can? Also, where do most notice better performance? Also, can you tell me your configuration of the iMac?

Configuration:

Intel Core i7 @3.4Ghz
16Gb RAM 1600Mhz
3Tb Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GTX 680MX

Since it's my first Mac ever, I can't compare it with the previous generation. How ever, I can tell you that it screams. It's a really powerful computer and just to let you know, it scores over 14200 in Geekbench which is phenomenal and it out performs a 8-cores mid 2010 Mac Pro.

I actually don't have much time to take picture of it but here's one.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 106

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Configuration:

Intel Core i7 @3.4Ghz
16Gb RAM 1600Mhz
3Tb Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GTX 680MX

Since it's my first Mac ever, I can't compare it with the previous generation. How ever, I can tell you that it screams. It's a really powerful computer and just to let you know, it scores over 14200 in Geekbench which is phenomenal and it out performs a 8-cores mid 2010 Mac Pro.

I actually don't have much time to take picture of it but here's one.

Thank you so much for the pic. I appreciate that.

Congratulations once again! I have been using a MacBook since late 2008. But this will be my first iMac. Your configuration looks very powerful. Good luck and enjoy the new iMac.

----------

I got mine this morning. Fully loaded 27" and it's a beaut. I wouldn't change anything. Trying a couple games (WoW / Diablo 3) it's sure nice to max out all the settings and not have any lag whatsoever.

Congratulations! That's great news. I wish I had ordered mine on the 30th. For some reason I waited till the 10th (Dec) to order. Well, everything happens for a reason I guess.

How do you find the performance in general - browsing the web, emails, other basic activities?

Gromruk

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Congratulations! That's great news. I wish I had ordered mine on the 30th. For some reason I waited till the 10th (Dec) to order. Well, everything happens for a reason I guess.

How do you find the performance in general - browsing the web, emails, other basic activities?

I have no complaints. Still too early to really tell the difference in those activities compared to my 2011 MBA.

Gaming is nuts though. In Warcraft on my MBA I'd run on the lowest settings and the temp would be 95 degrees. On the iMac it's Ultra settings and currently 56 degrees. A huge difference.

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
I have no complaints. Still too early to really tell the difference in those activities compared to my 2011 MBA.

Gaming is nuts though. In Warcraft on my MBA I'd run on the lowest settings and the temp would be 95 degrees. On the iMac it's Ultra settings and currently 56 degrees. A huge difference.

That certainly is a huge difference! I'm glad. I cant wait to get my iMac.

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
If Apple does expedite your order (just as they are doing for all iMac orders across the globe for free), you should be getting it sooner by a few days. Hopefully you should get it by end of next week. Good Luck!

As of this morning: Preparing for shipment :eek:

obsoletepower

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Woke up to "Preparing for Shipment"......finally! Ordered at about 5:15 AM EST on Nov. 30.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.