Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afinch1992

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
this thread makes me sad that i didnt have bacon with breakfast. atleast i still have lunch, dinner, and desert to get in my daily dose!

^^^ NOOOOO!! :eek:

Anybody seen Mmmvelopes?

mmmvelopes-illus1.jpg

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Looks tasty - but I haven't tried these yet...

Attachments

• bacon.jpg
    bacon.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 93

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I did homemade rattlesnake eggs this weekend. Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon. Grilled until steaming hot.

Apparently, you shouldn't pull them off the grill and put them straight in your mouth.

Also, the Costco pre-cooked bacon doesn't wrap very well (I slightly softened them in the microwave). Next time I'll use uncooked bacon.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I did homemade rattlesnake eggs this weekend. Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon. Grilled until steaming hot...

Very similar to "Armadillo Eggs" - pepper stuffed with cheese, wrapped in sausage, after sausage is cooked, wrap in biscuit and baked.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Speaking of bacon, I'm sitting in front of my MBP watching Bones while enjoying a bacon-turkey sandwich. It's turkey that has been cooked with bacon, so it tastes like turkey and bacon! Mind blown.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Saw the new "United States of Bacon" TV show last night for the first time. It was good and of course a lot of the bacon dishes they showed looked incredible.

Man vs. Food might feel like a show dedicated to bacon, but the Destination America channel is actually putting out a show that is all bacon, all the time.

“United States of Bacon” will premier Dec. 30 at 10 and 10:30 p.m. ET, as Chef Todd Fisher will do the honors of taking viewers on a bacony trip around the country.

LINK

hgfds.jpg

Renzatic

Suspended
A couple weeks back, I stopped off at a Burger King for a quick bite to eat between jobs...

...yeah, I know. Burger King. I wasn't planning on anything 4-star here. I just wanted something quick and fast to eat, and hadn't had a Whopper in a good while.

While I was there, I noticed something that kinda...well, there's no other word for it. It disturbed me. Greatly. This:

bacon_sundae.jpg

I kept giving this thing sidelong glances throughout my meal. It was just so...WRONG! I mean vanilla. Chocolate swirls. Nuts. Cherries. And bacon? That's just not right, people. That's not right at all.

Now I like a good slab of bacon as much as the next guy, but I think our obsession with the stuff is getting a little out of hand. We're sliding down that slippery slope from interesting experimentation to abhorrent culinary atrocities that should not be.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Saw these on my trip to Chattanooga this weekend
Prolly been posted before in this massive thread, but were new to me

I thought the bacon wallet was particularly innovative :)

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.