Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
Samsung Galaxy OS coming soon....

I would say Samsung proprietary Services coming soon (as he acknowledges it's Apple's ecosystem the differentiator and services like iCloud).... Then, they can offer services on any Samsung-only products regardless of OS (Bada, Tizen, Android) or possibly even TV's and laptops. This will make Samsung products harder to copy/clone/commoditize by the Chinese.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
It makes perfect sense...I said TROLL the site. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt..Guess you don't know what it means.

I've been reading comments on this site for quite some time and I would have to say that many commenters here don't know what trolling means then. I have been asked to "leave this site" by users many times because I corrected them on some ridiculous claim they made regarding Android.

There are Android trolls here but very few. Many iOS users are just intolerant towards Android users. You can see this in any Google or Samsung thread here.

Last edited:

divideby

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
Samsung Galaxy OS coming soon....

...and with it a new round of lawsuits from Apple...?

I mean if the guy is using Apple software, likes how it works, wants an ecosystem... The article really sounds like the beginnings of more "copying."

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
In other news: Samsung just fired it's New Strategy Chief.
Joking aside, It'd be quite dumb for any company to fire senior executives for speaking truth like he does.

It's not as if he were lashing out verbally against his own company: his view of Samsung is quite balanced and sensible: They have one of the (potentially, at least) broadest consumer hardware platforms in the industry (from TVs to tablets to phones to fridges), yet their approach to user experience has been more device-centric than platform-centric.

Seems much more thoughtful and smarter than, take for example, Ballmer is at times (judging from public appearances/statements).

Last edited:

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
There are only two things I need now.

1.) For Samsung/Google to complete their already dominating ecosystem with more mobile apps that are as solid as the ones that exclusive to iOS.

and

2.) For Apple to get some Samsung and Microsoft employees to help them get a clue when it comes to the cloud and cross platforms.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
He’s right that Samsung’s most profitable option is to copy Apple.

Not so sure that iCloud is why we love our Macs and iPads :p It’s a nice thing, but I’d instead say I like the software AND hardware. Services? Yes, but honestly, if Apple’s stores and iCloud were poor, but the app selection were still as good, I wouldn’t quite jump ship. I’d grumble incessantly, but mostly I’m USING apps and media, not buying them. And I’d hate to go back to the pre-wireless-synch (iCloud) days, but I still liked my devices back then!

So what I like:
1. OS and apps
2. hardware and services (important but second place)

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
In other news: Samsung just fired it's New Strategy Chief. :D

Actually, I think he's signalling to potential partners that Samsung wants to work with them and that they see their opportunities there.

I know some people here are excited by the fact that he said Apple has a better ecosystem, but he's also clearly saying that in his view Samsung has better devices.

Edit: Found it:

Look at your phone [pointing to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus]. It’s a better phone, in my view. It’s a better display. It’s faster. But eventually the connected ecosystem is really critical.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Sure you did.

hmm funny that you seem to know so much about me, even down to the devices I use.

Out of sheer curiosity I borrowed my mates Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 for the day to use around Uni. To me it was awful and a totally confusing experience and I also found it quite shockingly laggy compared to my iPad. There wasn't really any good journal entry software what I found either. I use Mac Journal for iPad works wonders for jotting down notes in my seminars and lectures. Then it all syncs to my iMac & MacBook Pro when I get home so I have several constant backups of two years worth of work.

I spent about 10 min with an SIII the day after its launch and went "god I don't like this one bit"

Personally I'm not a fan and don't really care what anyone else uses, but Android is not for me. It might suite others fine, but nah.

Last edited:

kdarling

macrumors P6
Apple should make an ad.

Bad idea. Samsung could turn around and print Apple SVP of Internet Experience Eddy Cue's internal letter that started them on the road to make the iPad Mini... after he used a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet:

7-inch-cue.png

Since then, Cue's star has risen and Minis are selling like hotcakes... possibly even better than its bigger brother.

Smart management looks at what attracts buyers to their competition.

Mystic386

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
In the evening news:

New Strategy Chief to be let go today

Unlikely. If you read the actual article Samsung are wanting to move from copying to innovating. This guy is the right person to do that. Setting up in Silicon Valley is a brilliant move.

Samsung will have it's chequebook out and they'll pick up people.

Interesting times.

Seems they're just doing what the Japanese and Taiwanese have done, copy, grow then lead.

This is sheer brilliance for a strategic move.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
This actually isn't as uncommon as some people might think. I work at a major CE company and we're an Android and Windows OEM but a lot of employees here use Apple gear (mostly for personal use), including some execs.

In fact, I know lots of Apple fans at Google and Microsoft as well. What's unusual is that this exec went on record with this information.

eleven59

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
I also wouldn't be surprised at all if many of the actors in the samsung commercials as well as the production company and crew, use iphones and macbooks. most do in the commercial/film industry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.