Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Hope someone can give me a solution to my problem, short of having to delete my library and have iTunes Match scan and add it again (it took 3 days and i'd really rather not!)

So I signed up for iTunes Match this past weekend. I had wanted to organize my library anyway, so I removed everything and used mp3tag on all of my music to ensure it was the way I wanted it, including adding album art to every single track. I then added it all back to my library and started iTunes Match. All of my artwork was showing up on my phone until yesterday, when I added some new files before bed. I woke up this morning, fired up the music app on my iPhone 5, and now all of the album art is gone. This includes what was there yesterday and the new albums I added last night.

Anyone have a fix other than starting over?

TIA!

simtilver

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
iTunes Match is broken. Album art and playlists are affected. Nothing works to fix at this point. We will have to wait for Apple.

Nickash28

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
I spent forever last night and today looking for a fix. It looks like there's a major issue on Apple's end. My artwork is showing up in now playing and cover flow but not album view. Surprised I haven't heard more complaints.

Can anyone confirm it's Apple's issue?

simtilver

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
Be happy that you have artwork in coverflow and now playing. I have no artwork on my devices :mad:
My artwork is fine on my iMac but my iPhone and iPad are a mess...

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
So this is something that just starting happening to you guys? Meaning it more than likely has nothing to do with anything I did? Have any of you tried to remove your albums and re-add them in an attempt to fix the issue? Don't want to do that if it's not going to work anyway :eek:

Nickash28

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
I just noticed it yesterday. I added some new albums and art wasn't showing so I turned off Match on iPhone. When I turned it back on (and of and on and off and on again), no art at all.

Someone on Twitter said Apple has a big server issue currently.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Man, that stinks.

Crappy way to start my iTunes Match experience!

Has anyone tried the delete/re-add to get it to fix? Call me crazy, but I've spent sooo much time getting my album art perfect, I'd like to be able to see it :rolleyes:

Hamstring

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2003
Chicago
I don't have match but list the artwork on my devices. I had to stop the sync with iPhoto in iTunes and then reload all the songs to my devices.

simtilver

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
Man, that stinks.

Crappy way to start my iTunes Match experience!

Has anyone tried the delete/re-add to get it to fix? Call me crazy, but I've spent sooo much time getting my album art perfect, I'd like to be able to see it :rolleyes:

Tried it. Doesn't work. :mad:

I think we're going to have to wait on Apple for this...
It seems to have gotten really bad in the last couple of days so I'm hoping that means that they are working on something for a fix.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Tried it. Doesn't work. :mad:

I think we're going to have to wait on Apple for this...
It seems to have gotten really bad in the last couple of days so I'm hoping that means that they are working on something for a fix.

Man that stinks :(

Thanks for saving me the heartache though!!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Want to keep this thread alive in case someone figures out a fix, or hears an official statement from Apple, or anything really.

FYI - I've tried everything, short of deleting and resyncing my library with match. No dice :(

Nickash28

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
Emailed Apple support from their new system status page (http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/13/apples-refreshed-system-status-page-tracks-services-stores-and-icloud) and got a generic response teaching me how to right click and "download album artwork". Ugggggh... I guess
I'll call tomorrow.

Nickash28

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
Hey Guys,

iTunesMatch is back working again. On iOS devices turn iTunes Match off and back on if necessary. Nice meeting you all! Enjoy!

adeedew

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2005
itunes match is very hit or miss, there is a huge thread about it here or on apple forums, def not ready for prime time

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I was so frustrated yesterday that I just gave up trying to fix it.

Surprisingly, I woke up to this :D

Xi638.jpg
hZI5x.jpg
s6kDM.jpg

Everyone else fixed too?

FYI - playlists still aren't showing up (an additional problem I didn't mention yesterday)

Last edited:

xforewarnedx

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
I also got Itunes Match this past week. When I first got it, it was working fine to upload all my songs and match them and so on on steps one and two. At first step three, where it uploads album artwork was working, then it just decided to completely quit and now when I try, it asks me to restart the match again and still freezes. This is very frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.