Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1
accounti
macrumors member

Review of @Chronic Unlocks

Hello,

I come to know if someone has already use the unlock service of Will Strafach on twitter (@chronic) if yes with which carrier ? I'm hesitating of dealing with him. I'm with canadian carrier Fido

Thanks
accounti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

I've only heard POSITIVE things about Chronic Unlocks. It's who I would use.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3
accounti
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapsangSouchong View Post
I've only heard POSITIVE things about Chronic Unlocks. It's who I would use.

Ok thanks. Do you know how much time does he need to do it ?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:09 AM   #4
hockeyman94
macrumors member

Ebay IMEI Unlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Hello,

I come to know if someone has already use the unlock service of Will Strafach on twitter (@chronic) if yes with which carrier ? I'm hesitating of dealing with him. I'm with canadian carrier Fido

Thanks
Recognized it was for fido this is what I found-
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...phone&_sacat=0

pretty expensive if it was for at&t it would be much cheaper like $2
hockeyman94 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:19 AM   #5
jplusc
macrumors 6502

I got my AT&T iPhone 5 unlocked through him. Took 24-48 hours, mainly because it was during a sale and he had a high volume. You have nothing to worry about in working with him. Unlock wise he's one of the best around now.
jplusc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:51 PM   #6
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by accounti View Post
Hello,

Thanks
I am also need an iphone 5 FIDO unlocking too! Chronic charge about 150! I found a shop in vancouver would do it for 110, but right now the unlocking for fido/roger is on a hold and no one is offering at this time. The other day I just unlocked an iphone 5 AT&T for 3 bucks
Minhthien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:56 PM   #7
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhthien View Post
I am also need an iphone 5 FIDO unlocking too! Chronic charge about 150! I found a shop in vancouver would do it for 110, but right now the unlocking for fido/roger is on a hold and no one is offering at this time. The other day I just unlocked an iphone 5 AT&T for 3 bucks
I just asked my buddy, who DID use chronic and he said he was charged $35USD. Why is it so much more for FIDO?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/unlocki...do-for-90-160/

Last edited by LapsangSouchong; Dec 13, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
LapsangSouchong is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I just asked my buddy, who DID use chronic and he said he was charged $35USD. Why is it so much more for FIDO?

I really want to know this too! Everything is much more expensive here in Canada ! Your friend should had went on ebay and unlock his ATT iphone for only 3 dollars from unlock fusion!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:05 PM   #9
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I really want to know this too! Everything is much more expensive here in Canada ! Your friend should had went on ebay and unlock his ATT iphone for only 3 dollars from unlock fusion!
Nah, he wanted to use Chronic. Sometimes cheapest isn't best. If I do it, I'll use chronic as well.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:15 PM   #10
accounti
macrumors member

Quote:

Why is it on a hold ? Can you detail please ?

----------

Quote:

Thank you all for your answers !! Don't know why it is so much ... Must be harder to do than ATT
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Nah, he wanted to use Chronic. Sometimes cheapest isn't best. If I do it, I'll use chronic as well.
$2.48 VS $35 !!! Fusion_unlock unlocked my iphone within 1 hour!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Nomad043
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down Be very wary!!

RE Chronic Unlock Service. I Do Not Recommend this company. As I write this post I have been waiting over a month for an Express unlock service for an Iphone4, a Non responsive support center and noticed lots angry comments on Facebook, so at this stage not a postive outcome I would NOT recommend, I will keep you posted.
Nomad043 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:43 PM   #13
montfleur
macrumors newbie

Chronic Unlocks

Don't use these people - if you have a Canadian provider they will unlock for half the price as long as your contract is in good standing.

I sent them a request to unlock and they charged my credit account immediately. Its been several weeks and nothing has happened. I contacted them several times through their website and never received the courtesy of a response.

I did it through Rogers for $50CDN instantaneously. I have requested Chronic Unlocks to cancel and refund. Still no response.

Don't waste your time.
montfleur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:24 PM   #14
luffy-kun
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down Over 2 months and nothing

Same here, I paid for the unlock 2 months ago, still nothing.
He was replying for my update request for the first month but now he is not replying at all. Even if i ask for refund, nothing.
I htought chronic was for real based on the threads i read here but i guess they were all scam?

Last edited by luffy-kun; Aug 26, 2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Typos
luffy-kun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2014, 05:46 PM   #15
Allthings-I
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy-kun View Post
Same here, I paid for the unlock 2 months ago, still nothing.
He was replying for my update request for the first month but now he is not replying at all. Even if i ask for refund, nothing.
I htought chronic was for real based on the threads i read here but i guess they were all scam?
If it helps, I had my iPhones recently unlocked from simpleunlocks.me -- all 3 completed in about a weeks time, and communication was great.
Allthings-I is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:48 AM   #16
Jules Korku
macrumors newbie

Chronic Scam

Is a complete scam. I ordered an unlock from this guy like 3 months ago. To date still nothing. I emailed several times, no answers. He will send an email after a month or so, just to make sure you will not contact PayPal. After the 45 day limit set by PayPal he will disappear with your money and there in nothing you can do about it.
Stay away from chronic unlocks, unless you are willing to sponsor his Vegas escapades.
Jules Korku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:51 AM   #17
bmms8
macrumors 68020

My 5S unlocked was rejected by ATT with chronic and they refunded my money pretty quick. I also imessaged Will and he was quick to respond (within a few hours) Though the service didn't unlock my phone, they did refund my money as promised.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Korku View Post
Is a complete scam. I ordered an unlock from this guy like 3 months ago. To date still nothing. I emailed several times, no answers. He will send an email after a month or so, just to make sure you will not contact PayPal. After the 45 day limit set by PayPal he will disappear with your money and there in nothing you can do about it.
Stay away from chronic unlocks, unless you are willing to sponsor his Vegas escapades.
But great first post though.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:54 AM   #18
noiceT
macrumors 6502

fushion unlocks is best. worked best for me.
noiceT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone