Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Arman
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
27" iMac orders in the Dec 28 - Jan 4 range

Located in SoCal. Ordered around 12pm PST 11/30/12. So far still processing. Used Edu site. Mine is listed as 2 day business shipping.

3.4Ghz Core i7, 1TB fusion, 8GB ram, 675MX, Magic mouse. No software add on.
Arman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Vitiri
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arman View Post
Located in SoCal. Ordered around 12pm PST 11/30/12. So far still processing. Used Edu site. Mine is listed as 2 day business shipping.

3.4Ghz Core i7, 1TB fusion, 8GB ram, 675MX, Magic mouse. No software add on.
I ordered the same one on 11/30 8AM EST, canceled at 10AM due to i wanted the 680MX. I had to wait a few days until i was able to re-order. Shipping Jan 2 - Jan 8.

It's taking forever!!!!
Vitiri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:10 PM   #3
MacCruiZe
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Located in Michigan. Ordered around 3:30pm Easter (12:30pm PST) 11/30/12. Processing. Used Edu site also. Dec 28- Jan 4th current estimate.

3.4Ghz Core i7, 3TB fusion, 8GB ram, 680MX, Trackpad for me. Hope to see activity for us 'afternoon orders' next week maybe?
MacCruiZe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Arman
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
Yeah I'm checking status everyday but I suspect won't see any change till next week. I am hopeful it will get here before Christmas.
Arman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:34 PM   #5
shl4tech
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nevada, USA
Ordered mine about 10:30 am PST on the 30th:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5


Still processing........
shl4tech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:35 PM   #6
CapnJackGig
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanks god, we needed another one of these threads because the 50 others werent enough.
CapnJackGig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:41 PM   #7
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816
 
Aluminum213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I doubt I'm going to see a change the rest of this week with my Jan 2-8 estimated delivery
__________________

iPad Air 2 | Silver | 64GB
iPhone 6 Plus | Silver | 64GB
2012 iMac 27" | i7 | 3.4Ghz | Fusion | 32GB RAM | 680MX
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:27 PM   #8
rainbowsofwhite
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Still no changes!
As others have said, most probably (hopefully) next week.

Attachment 383418

Last edited by rainbowsofwhite; Apr 19, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
rainbowsofwhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:45 PM   #9
lucasfunkt
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
This is exactly my date range, still processing. UK order placed around 5pm on the 30th.

Any hope we'll see some change tomorrow?
lucasfunkt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:49 PM   #10
martinm0
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I ordered on 12/2 at around 11:45pm ET and mine is still in processing. My initial ship dates were 2-8th, but after asking for expedited shipping I'm in the 28-4th bracket. Now if I could only learn to have patience...

27-inch iMac
Delivers Dec 28 - Jan 4 via 2-3 Business Days (excl. gift cards)
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:52 PM   #11
Faulknce
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
I ordered on 12/2 at around 11:45pm ET and mine is still in processing. My initial ship dates were 2-8th, but after asking for expedited shipping I'm in the 28-4th bracket. Now if I could only learn to have patience...

27-inch iMac
Delivers Dec 28 - Jan 4 via 2-3 Business Days (excl. gift cards)
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered around the same time, started with 1/2-1/8 and then moved to 12/28-1/4 after being upgraded to next day shipping.
Faulknce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Snoosedaddy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Ordered Dec 1 @ 1:47am PST, EDU store fully loaded 27", and as of now, still processing. FML.
Snoosedaddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Photography
macrumors 6502a
 
Photography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulknce View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered around the same time, started with 1/2-1/8 and then moved to 12/28-1/4 after being upgraded to next day shipping.
How did you manage to get next day shipping? Did you specifically ask for it, or was it offered to you free of charge?
Photography is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:44 PM   #14
martinm0
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolosxapps View Post
How did you manage to get next day shipping? Did you specifically ask for it, or was it offered to you free of charge?
From what I heard from Apple, any backordered item ships out by the fastest method possible. The iMac is considered backordered I was told. Hope that means we'll all have next day shipping.
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM   #15
Photography
macrumors 6502a
 
Photography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
From what I heard from Apple, any backordered item ships out by the fastest method possible. The iMac is considered backordered I was told. Hope that means we'll all have next day shipping.
That is not true at all. There are many people who are still having theirs shipped standard shipping or 2-3 day, but not next day. I wish it were true, but it's not.
Photography is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:57 PM   #16
Faulknce
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolosxapps View Post
How did you manage to get next day shipping? Did you specifically ask for it, or was it offered to you free of charge?
I called and asked about expedited shipping after originally going with standard....the rep put me on hold nod then came back and said he had upgraded me for free. I didn't ask for next day, that's just what popped up when I refreshed my order page after I got off the phone.
Faulknce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:28 AM   #17
Mrlogboy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ok got an email from the credit card that apple has done the pending charge for my BTO iMac maxed out except ram. Hope it the apple status will change soon. Delivery date still dec 28 to jan 4 th
Mrlogboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:45 AM   #18
drewaz
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Do they shut down over the weekend .... or is there still hope that status will change before Monday ......
drewaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:03 PM   #19
lucasfunkt
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewaz View Post
Do they shut down over the weekend .... or is there still hope that status will change before Monday ......
That's exactly what I want to know, please tell us if you know the answer?
lucasfunkt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:27 AM   #20
CrossoverDoc
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Is it correct to assume that if we can see ours move to prepare to ship by as late as Monday then we might see them by the end of the week?
CrossoverDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:46 AM   #21
shl4tech
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nevada, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverDoc View Post
Is it correct to assume that if we can see ours move to prepare to ship by as late as Monday then we might see them by the end of the week?
Depends on the shipping method you chose. FedEx will make it by the end of the week but I'm pretty sure UPS would not
shl4tech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:53 PM   #22
shl4tech
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nevada, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shl4tech View Post
Depends on the shipping method you chose. FedEx will make it by the end of the week but I'm pretty sure UPS would not
Still processing BUT, CC charge has gone thru so at least I know they haven't forgotten about me!!!!
shl4tech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:33 AM   #23
CrossoverDoc
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Preparing For Shipment
CrossoverDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:48 AM   #24
drewaz
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
My CC was charged at 8:20 this morning ... still processing though

Last edited by drewaz; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
drewaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:07 AM   #25
Snoosedaddy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
I got no love over this weekend. Still processing. I do expect some action to start this week though.
Snoosedaddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Draw My Life App(Universal) Launching Late Dec - Early Jan valor123 iPad Apps 5 Apr 10, 2014 02:30 AM
T-Mobile Iphone 5s Backorder, Good news orders from Dec. 17-26 Blaze3555 iPhone 0 Jan 5, 2014 09:03 PM
Swift Unlock has been super slow Dec 2013 Jan 2014 mfc87 iPhone 0 Jan 2, 2014 11:53 PM
Weekly Photo Contest Dec 29 - Jan 4 (Theme: Shoreline) ipos Digital Photography 74 Jan 9, 2013 08:37 PM
27" iMac Orders in the Dec 31 - Jan 7 Range Photography iMac 305 Jan 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC