Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
I currently use T-Mobile while I visit the US. I will be going to Disney World for a week and it seems like I will only get Edge there as they have not reframed the area yet.

Looking to switch to ST. I have a factory unlocked iPhone 5, so will I have to use the APN Changer or just pop the SIM in and go like with my T-Mobile SIM?

Bought a SIM cutter as well as I believe ST only has MicroSIMs?

cutienoua

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
done it
it's a bitch to get the apn working
it used to work pretty easy with automated settings from unlockit.nz
not anymore!
it took several tries,but it's fine now!
how do you order ST if in Canada?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
If your home carrier gives u a decent roaming rate, maybe just less hassle doing that.

I just cut my regular sim to micro sim and it was hairy. And I did this at home with all available tools, patience and time, dunno if I want to deal with that while on the road. Nano-sim, still smaller!

Walmart sells micro sim, but nano sim too new I guess.

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
If your home carrier gives u a decent roaming rate, maybe just less hassle doing that.

I just cut my regular sim to micro sim and it was hairy. And I did this at home with all available tools, patience and time, dunno if I want to deal with that while on the road. Nano-sim, still smaller!

Walmart sells micro sim, but nano sim too new I guess.

I ordered a NanoSIM cutter. No problem there. Have a MicroSIM cutter and it worked great before.

Just mainly want to see if it will be trouble free as far as not having to use any APN settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.