Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
I'm turning 20 on the 17th this December.
Been paying my phone since I got it on December 15 2011 and I have the 4s. Oh and I pay 60 a month. What about you guys?

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I just tend to assume that most MacRumors members are proper adults who can afford to pay for their own toys, and who buy the devices that fit their needs and budget.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I just tend to assume that most MacRumors members are proper adults who can afford to pay for their own toys, and who buy the devices that fit their needs and budget.

Not the ones who ask black or white? nor the ones who are OCD obviously on their first phone EVER.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
I am 17 and I have an iPhone5. The bill is somewhere around $200, but I don't pay it. That $200 includes multiple smartphones, not just mine.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
I'm a 19 year old in college and have the iPhone 5. Just like all my apple products since last year, I buy them on launch day myself, most of them at least. Luckily, my parents pay the phone bill itself. As long as I stay in school and get good grades and don't get anybody pregnant, they said they would continue to pay for my data plan, car insurance, gas money and tuition. Sound a bit spoiled? Maybe so, but I'm very appreciative of it. They take care of my sister and I now, and we take care of them later in life.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Simple rule, if you have the sense to know that pants go around your waist and not around your butt with your underwear sticking out, you are mature enough to own an iPhone and thus can afford to pay your own bill.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Wow, ya'll are babies! LOL!

I have a 64GB white iPhone 5 on Verizon and we pay about $150 before taxes and fees for two smartphones on 8GB of shared data (hubby gets a discount through his employer). As for my age, hasn't anyone ever told you it's not polite to ask a lady her age? Let's put it this way, I'm old enough that I've been paying my own bills for the better part of 20+ years. :eek:

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
27. Pay for my own stuff. Only one line. Single for now in the not married yet sense. Used to be on my parents plan until I was 21 cuz we just got free phones and had cheap non smart phones. Call me spoiled. Whatever.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Old enough to have a mortgage, so you want me to spend what? :)

My old dumb phone average was usd$12.50/month, but since upgrading to iPhone, I think they want to bump me up at least $30/mo but am resisting. I don't ride the bus so no watching video, from home (WIFI) to car (listen to music that's is) to work (WIFI) so really no need for gigs of cellular data.

Oh and I cut cable TV too, they are NOT making anything$ out of me! ;)

There are already a couple of threads about this BTW.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
My age is private. Ive been paying my own bills over a decade...

My parents never even gave me an allowance, bought me clothes or paid for any knick knacks like cell phones. When I was in high school I had to wear what was lying around the house (mom's hand me downs) or buy it with Christmas and Birthday money. All I got was a roof over my head and enough food to feed my belly. Teens and young adults who have parents buy them phones are spoiled; not to sound bitter (actually I am very bitter) but I never got the sort when younger. Once I was 18 I moved out and worked f/t to support myself and got my own apartment. Never got a dime from my parents even when I was living with them pretty much let alone once I moved out (except the basics; food etc). Being independent didn't make me a better person btw; it made me more bitter.

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
20 years old (since Dec 4), iPhone 4S, and I create/update websites for a living -- my AT&T bill is around $30 a month since I'm on a family plan

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Hi my names chad, I'm 27 and I'm a steelworker from long beach. I like to take long walks on the beach and eat beets.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I'm a 19 year old in college and have the iPhone 5. Just like all my apple products since last year, I buy them on launch day myself, most of them at least. Luckily, my parents pay the phone bill itself. As long as I stay in school and get good grades and don't get anybody pregnant, they said they would continue to pay for my data plan, car insurance, gas money and tuition. Sound a bit spoiled? Maybe so, but I'm very appreciative of it. They take care of my sister and I now, and we take care of them later in life.

Same here. I pay for my own Phones etc.. Most of the time I pay it myself unless I'm having trouble with funds. I'm in college so I don't make much (used to but family problems stopped that).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.